+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tickets allocation?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    We won't sell as many as we should due to general sale being limited to 2 tickets!
    What if you want to go with your partner and kids? They will want to sit together! It's stupid.
    They have now changed it to 5 additional tickets for general sale.

Why put fans through the stress of the last few days ? It was obvious it wasn't going to work with fans wishing to sit with family/ friends.

Ticket sales are going well.
    Is anyone thinking what I’m thinking - that the final number of tickets sold could well influence how Neerav and JAQ perceive the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ticket sales are going well.
    Is anyone thinking what I’m thinking - that the final number of tickets sold could well influence how Neerav and JAQ perceive the club.
    Not really imo. We sold 35k for the fa cup semi in 2008. We did the same against Ipswich in 2000. Did that drum up extra support the season after? Not really.

The club has 7/8k proper die hards. I doubt that will change. Of course the potential is there to pull in 20k weekly but that would mean us getting in the Premiership to achieve that. Even if that were the case, I think after 3 or 4 years it'd die down. We are what we are. It's the same at any club out of the 92. That's why clubs inevitably find their place in the Football pyramid in the long term. Ours is the 2nd tier.

Well Pass you have inadvertently put your finger on the pulse.
    ……. Did that drum up extra support the season after.
    No it didn’t.
    But why didn’t it ???
    IMO - it was because we didn’t have enough clout in the boardroom.
    The team remained on the rollercoaster ride - one season up - the next season struggling.
    But - we just might have that clout now.
    In fact - I’m nearly sure we have.

No it didn’t.
    But why didn’t it ???
    The team remained on the rollercoaster ride - one season up - the next season struggling.
    Av said it afooar- Good results bring in fans and that is a fact that will never alter

No it didn’t.
    But why didn’t it ???
    As I’ve said before Nudge….. we are going to see in a few weeks time just how much Clout the board will put in.
    Go up, and the clout needed will be to pay for improved contracts, improved signings to keep us there.
    Stay down, and the clout needed will be to shore up the finances, and find a new crop of players to replace the lads sold who,won’t want another season in Lg 1.

They are definitely going to have to demonstrate Clout…whatever happens Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    As I’ve said before Nudge….. we are going to see in a few weeks time just how much Clout the board will put in.
    Go up, and the clout needed will be to pay for improved contracts, improved signings to keep us there.
    Stay down, and the clout needed will be to shore up the finances, and find a new crop of players to replace the lads sold who,won’t want another season in Lg 1.

They are definitely going to have to demonstrate Clout…whatever happens Monday.
    do you think they have a bottomless pot Nudge?

I don't think they have any clout whatsoever. If they did then we wouldn't have been signing the players that we did last summer and last January. Minimal money spent.

I'd conservatively estimate that should we go up on Monday, then the xtra millions in TV revenue due to us will be used to pay the arrears.

Should we lose on Monday then feck knows to be quite honest. Either way wiss find art but I don't belive that they're prepared to put any significant money in. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't think they have any clout whatsoever. If they did then we wouldn't have been signing the players that we did last summer and last January. Minimal money spent.

I'd conservatively estimate that should we go up on Monday, then the xtra millions in TV revenue due to us will be used to pay the arrears.

Should we lose on Monday then feck knows to be quite honest. Either way wiss find art but I don't belive that they're prepared to put any significant money in. Just my opinion.
    That’s exactly my thinking pass. If we go up, we will retain players of any worth till January, when if we are struggling we will see a bale out of players , and the money received will be paid back to investors, Nowt left for a “strengthening”

Stay down and we will be looking for that proverbial pot.

This Monday is the last chuck of the dice I think for the owners/investors. Either way I can’t see where “the Clout” that Nudge is “sure” we will have we will see is coming from.
    I hope we are wrong, amd Nudge is right….
    I’ll be the first to apologise if he is!

All about opinions Jules. I can't help thinking that Nudger is saying what he's saying in pure blind faith, it wouldn't be the first time. However, i hope he's right and the club can push on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast