+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Evening Post : Poor Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I can't believe people still refer to the rag as the Evening Post or the NEP. It isn't worth the paper it's printed on, the website is just as bad.

Website is horrendous there are so many advertisements and it takes ages to load so I just don’t bother any more.

Can somebody explain to me the logic behind effectively pretending one of your two local clubs does not exist.

Surely they'd want the clicks for a club that's reasonably well supported.

I've just had a look at Stoke's equivalent and they have Port Vale next to Stoke City as a link at the top of the home page, there is no link for Notts.
    Vale averaged 7,681 last season, nearly 1k less than Notts.

This has to be the decision of somebody who really doesn't like us, or doesn't want to encourage any success that might impact on Fword being the sole focus of attention. It smacks of unprofessional bias to me.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Can somebody explain to me the logic behind effectively pretending one of your two local clubs does not exist.

Surely they'd want the clicks for a club that's reasonably well supported.

I've just had a look at Stoke's equivalent and they have Port Vale next to Stoke City as a link at the top of the home page, there is no link for Notts.
    Vale averaged 7,681 last season, nearly 1k less than Notts.

This has to be the decision of somebody who really doesn't like us, or doesn't want to encourage any success that might impact on Fword being the sole focus of attention. It smacks of unprofessional bias to me.
    The post website isn't designed to deliver news relevant to the people of Nottingham, it's designed to get as many views on as many pages as possible, to serve up their mass of ads and roll in the revenue. If it won't likely generate enough clicks, it gets bumped down the priority list in favour of something to get those ad views in!

I rely on this site to learn the latest news on Notts. I would suggest that this site provides much more information and opinion than the EP. ever does, or will do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Scribe View Post
    The post website isn't designed to deliver news relevant to the people of Nottingham, it's designed to get as many views on as many pages as possible, to serve up their mass of ads and roll in the revenue. If it won't likely generate enough clicks, it gets bumped down the priority list in favour of something to get those ad views in!
    Cheshire Live, same website company, have a link for Chester FC and Crewe Alex.
    How are those clubs getting more clicks than Notts?
    They've made their menu bar longer than the Nottingham one to fit both Chester and Crewe on it. So it's not a space issue.

They signed Chris Wood and we signed David McGoldrick whose the Premier League Team 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    there is no link for Notts.
    There's a link for Notts, but it's well hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    There's a link for Notts, but it's well hidden.
    Whereas smaller clubs have links that are not hidden. I maintain this is deliberate and the decision has been made by somebody local, not by the owner of the group that owns all of these websites, or some algorithm.
    Complaints to the owner of the group, rather than Nottingham Live itself, might be worthwhile. Surprised the club hasn't got onto this. though maybe they prefer clicks on their own website. I remember Hardy meeting with the then editor and trying to get him on board with promoting the club better.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I rely on this site to learn the latest news on Notts. I would suggest that this site provides much more information and opinion than the EP. ever does, or will do in the future.
    If you want the latest news on Notts look on here.

If you want the news on Notts a day late (copied from here) read the Red Rag.

The bias is obvious and has been for a long time.

The Notts media seriously upped their game a few years back and they basically gave up.

They couldn't handle the smoke!

#bud

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast