+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimsby Town

The Jimmy Sirrel holds 4500. Whilst it does give away teams a huge vocal backing if fully taken up, I feel they should have them, it doesn't require any more segregation. It's a big ground and upkeep is not cheap. Of course, the police may have an opinion on Grimsby numbers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    The Jimmy Sirrel holds 4500. Whilst it does give away teams a huge vocal backing if fully taken up, I feel they should have them, it doesn't require any more segregation. It's a big ground and upkeep is not cheap. Of course, the police may have an opinion on Grimsby numbers!!
    Hasn't the JS capacity been reduced because of concourse issues?

From memory, wasn’t it reduced because it didn’t meet H&S regs?
    I don’t think the exits Vs number of fans was enough.

I'm pretty sure there was nearly an incident when we played Chesterfield in the 2009/10 season with the volume of fans in the JS. At that time away fans were in the X block, near the Kop. I believe the issue is that the concourse isn't big enough to accommodate the number of fans and so risks there being a crush.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsbySteve View Post

Chalky - I don't post on The Fishy but do watch on ,so have seen some of your posts ; a good contributor on there .

Thanks again
    You should join in Steve,they are a good set of lads on there,irs one of the few forums that I check out most days

I hope that Grimsby get the whole stand personally,there's nothing better than a full away end to bring atmosphere to a game and we've given more tickets to bigger rivalries clubs than Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Hasn't the JS capacity been reduced because of concourse issues?
    Forest were initially given 3900 in the JS for the friendly, so assume that might be the max this season

If the concourse is the issue, surely it would make financial sense to put in another large exit half way along the stand, to stop any crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    If the concourse is the issue, surely it would make financial sense to put in another large exit half way along the stand, to stop any crush.
    But isn't this your understanding of the club's finances?

Not sure if this is how it works, but if we sold 4,000 season tickets last year, and our average attendance was 8,000, i.e. double that of S/T sales, having now sold 5,600 season tickets so far can we be expecting our average attendance to be around 11,000 this coming season.

It's not really the exits but the crush at half time when people are getting drinks and such. I think the only way it's getting back to capacity is if we rebuilt the stand which isn't happening any time soon.

Since ML was re-built, comments have been made about the ground being too big for the clubs needs.
    So it's positive to hear talk about where to fit all the fans in.
    In the Storrie era, the aspiration was 8 through the gate (8,000), but alas the club never got close.
    If the club continues it's growth, then the five year plans should start to include ground redevelopment for capacity, fan safety and match day experience.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast