+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimmin's World Cup

They’ve had some luck with euros and it seems to be sticking to them in the wc too
    The lads could do with a fraction of that in a tournament soon n who knows?
    Yeah sb that Russo is worth one for sure

I meant a SHIRT before the snow flakes try n ban me from site

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Made hard work of that and lucky to get through but you need luck to win a World Cup .

Watched the penalties on my phone at wurk , apart from the first one the lasses took em well .

The less said about the James lass the better .

You aren't getting away with that young lady .
    Interesting to listen to/ read various people walking on PC eggshells regarding any criticism of James "resting her foot" on the Nigerian player and getting sent off. Well done to the Nigerian player on the floor for not screaming, rolling over and over, and punching the ground in agonising pain

All i want to see is equality of comment, coverage and punishment concerning such an incident between mens' and womens' football.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    I meant a SHIRT before the snow flakes try n ban me from site

Spot on Dings.

Excellent first touch, awareness of others, delivering a pass and running into spaces. Well worth the England shirt up front.

I've only ever seen a couple of the lionesses games and only the first 2 of the world Cup. I think one of the differences between the men's game is awareness. Women players, not all of them, seem less aware of where their team mates are. If they're on the ball and facing right, the team mate on the left, waving her arms to get their attention, who has loads of space, isn't getting the ball, or so it seems to me.
    I saw the "stamping" by James, she deserved to be sent off, it reminded me of the Beckham one. A bit petulant.
    My favourite player, from the games I've seen, is Lucy Bronze. The woman doesn't stop running and she's fast, box to box, can cross a ball and has a decent header.
    I do hope the Barnsley lass, Beth England, gets a world Cup goal at some point and gives her home town fans something to cheer about.
    Even if they don't win the whole thing and not played well at times, it's good that the women's game is getting exposure to a wider audience on terrestrial TV. Win it, and you'll only be able to watch it on Sky.

Well they got through , huffed and puffed but got it done .

Can't say fairer than that .

Although that Carter lass is a liability , awful player .

Had to dig in - WELL DONE !

Have to be honest and say I have not watched any game yet.

Sultry, dark haired Spanish women with lovely brown eyes against the blonde, blue eyed, healthy Swedes at 9-00am today (Tuesday)

Get down Shep.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-08-2023 at 07:23 AM.

ˇEl amor ojos marrones es entonces!

The lovely brown eyes it is then !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast