+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking goalkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Did you see that Burnley lad in no mans land Sinkov-he made a right balls of it-even VK admitted it was a soft goal.Teriffic shot stopper though.
    I saw it CiB, it was only no mans land because Vitinho dawdled getting upfield and played Muniz onside. Ekdal did his job and had put Muniz in an offside position, Trafford was perfectly entitled to be where he was. I cannot blame either Ekdal or Trafford when the problem was Vitinho not doing his job properly.

Vitinho is a f*cking liability and needs dropping now.

We gave away two absolutely needless goals and I suppose that's why the trapdoor beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The VK inspired acquisitions of Trafford, Odobert, Koleosho, Berge, Assignon, Esteve, Foster, Ramsay & Massengo suggests to me he knows exactly what he is doing b_c. This lot will form the nucleus of a very good team in a short space of time. Fingers crossed we still have enough time and games to nab another 24 points.
    Your in dream land lad if you think Kompany can turn this **** show round, he hasn't a clue what he is doing or how to manage the personal at his disposal

Come the summer the scrlpt will be ripped apart and we go again with lots of the existing squad sold off, contracts run out or loaned out, then a recruitment of more kids, and the **** show continues

All I can say is Trafford is a nightmare. He doesn't come when he should and is well off his line when he should be on it. He looks immature physically, looks scared to death when having to do anything. I cant believe that VK does not take him out of the firing line. He simply has no presence. On saying this the team that turned up in the first have was a disgrace and I know he is not the only one but Amdouni is lazy, and lacsidasical. Although Foster got no service he is too static and does not make space or runs. Overall VK has brought in a set of gutless individuals, the only bright spot is the players brought in very recently.

BT cant disagree, for throw ins he has jelly arms or in my area we'd say potted meat.

Surely Alisson Becker and Virgil Van Dijk appearing in Mack Sennett’s very own Keystone Klopps yesterday is going to clear up the comedy Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I love your optimism BT I really do but In reality we continue to play with players that make the same mistakes game in game out and at this level we are punished for them.

Yesterday we were devoid of any fight or heart whatsoever for 70 mins in the game.

The goals knocked us especially the second but we couldn’t pull ourselves round or see a way out of the hole we’d dug ourselves.

Now on here I don’t like to slag players off constructive comments are my thing just on what I see so based on yesterdays abysmal showing here goes ( the last 15/20 mins accepted ).

Vitinho - can not play at this level - left back - right back we just shifted problems from one side to the other. ( don’t know if sub can check but I was thinking an interesting stat might be how many assists he has to his name for the opposition- he tried hard yesterday to help them be it passes in open play or throwings ).

O Shea wasn’t making it at West Brom at this level and based on what I’ve seen he won’t make it here either - too many positional problems to be a quality centre back he’s re - active not pro active.

Ekdal I like but doesn’t have the pace to play at this level.

Ramsay had an opportunity to show some spirit if nothing else but he failed on all counts and only encouraged Fulham onto us. ( I’m surprised as of the two brothers we are supposed to have the better one ).

Berge - I think technically is a decent player - but I posted when he first came that he’s very slow and looked un fit - yesterday he looked like a player who plays for the dog and duck on a Sunday full of ale sweating bucket loads trying to get up and down a pitch - but found it really difficult as when we got in their last third by the time he’d caught up with play we were losing possession and going back towards our goal again.

Brownhill ( I’m a fan generally ).

This lad isn’t a captain he’s not a leader of men can’t motivate himself to do his job never mind others , is going to get himself hurt limp legged challenges and under par performances of late when we need someone who drives people on - I accept at the side of Berge yesterday it was difficult as Brownhill is mobile just not competitive in the engine room the most important position on the pitch.

Amdouni - tries very hard but embroils himself in situations that should be the midfields job and ends up doing nothing to help the team as foster ends up as loan wolf up top

Foster - I’m afraid isn’t free of criticism I’llness or no Illness , makes some selfless runs but lets the ball get away from him a bit to much lately.

Odebert is a breath of fresh air - a winger who can go at defenders on the inside and outside either foot always trying to get to the line to deliver ball in dangerous areas.

Finally if VK can not see our failings in defence and midfield he’s responsible for our demise as well as the players.
    I agree with most of your comment Army and if we survive it will only be because at the last minute we acquired a centreback, a striker and a full back which a sad comment on the summer purchases for which VK must take responsibility. If everybody at BFC is happy that we now have two young players who can be sold at a profit and division status is not important then god help BFC. Too many players who will never be epl standard either too slow or technically weak to be replaced when the team is to be rebuilt. Nothing but problems ahead considering the mysterious financial situation so let's hope VK and co. have learned some lessons.

Blinking heck the doom and gloom on here and most other BFC related social media is frightening.

The simple truth is that three teams get relegated every season. Leicester City, Southampton & Leeds United prove quite categorically it is not the end of the world.

£25 million for Wilson Odobert should lighten the mood I hope.

I hope we don't sell Odobert at the moment.Better to get rid of the players who are not going to make it in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Blinking heck the doom and gloom on here and most other BFC related social media is frightening.

The simple truth is that three teams get relegated every season. Leicester City, Southampton & Leeds United prove quite categorically it is not the end of the world.

£25 million for Wilson Odobert should lighten the mood I hope.
    If selling Odobert is considered to be a good thing then my sympathies go out to the BFC faithful sitting in the stands because they are far from the thoughts of BFC management.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)