+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is he alright ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    All I knew at the time army was that we'd been 2-0 down and pulled it back to 2-2, so Vinni's distinct lack of enthusissm surprised me. Since when I've read numerous fans saying we were pants, so I now understand why he wasn't exactly bouncing. Still worrying though, we've been bobbins before but it never seemed to bother him, this time I think it did.
    He's probably suffering from the reverse of the "Midas Effect". Once upon a time everything he touched turned to gold, now everything he goes anywhere near turns to $hit. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. I hope.

Difficult for Kompany as he has no leaders on the pitch to lift the kids.
    He can't rely on the likes of Brownhil who was anonymous for 90 minutes and Berge who strolled round like he played for the Red Lion.
    All this is his own making, though I doubt he will admit it, has he has been use to people massaging his ego all his life
    It was good to see it getting toxic on Saturday with the boos and not before time, as he needed calling out

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    It was good to see it getting toxic on Saturday with the boos and not before time, as he needed calling out
    I'm not disputing the fact that fans pay good money to watch a game and are perfectly entitled to boo if they don't like what they see. To me though this is a worrying development, but you think it good that the atmosphere has turned toxic and the manager is getting booed. How will a toxic atmosphere help the team play better, how will booing and calling out the manager achieve better results ? I must be missing something, in what respect is this good ?

It shows that the supporters care and sends a message to the board that fans have had enough of this complete shambles of a Premier league season. What other ways do we voice our disapproval?

You only had to look at Brownhills performance to see that all is not right, he didn't look interested.

I live locally and speak to our fans all the time and they all say the same that this is the worse season they have ever experienced has a Burnley supporter, and many of those lije myself watched the club through the 80s

It shows that the supporters care and sends a message to the board that fans have had enough of this complete shambles of a Premier league season. What other ways do we voice our disapproval?

You only had to look at Brownhills performance to see that all is not right, he didn't look interested.

I live locally and speak to our fans all the time and they all say the same that this is the worse season they have ever experienced has a Burnley supporter, and many of those lije myself watched the club through the 80s
    My 8-year-old grandson is in a state of permanent bewilderment too b_c, he had his first season ticket last year and he used to think we should be massively hard to beat and win most games 3-0.

His fall back to earth has been really funny to watch. He's not giving up though!

Lets be honest and admit what VK inherited.A team of ageing has beens all past their sell by date and last year he over performed in getting us promoted.Then last summer he has to bring in more than half a team again to replace the loanees and clear out the relics from the Dyche era.This summer the last of those relics will be cleared out(Cork, Brownhill,Taylor and JRod) then VK will be able to build with the young guns.
    When we are relegated this time we will be in a far better position than in 2022/2023 on the pitch.As for the financial side I like everybody else, have no idea how the club stands-that is probably more worrying than what is happening on the pitch.
    I think VK is a good coach but last Saturday I think he finally realised that this season is lost and even he no longer believes we are going to survive in the PL-hence the mood.The booing fans will be new to him as well.

That's fair enough, as I said, fans are perfectly entitled to boo if they don't like what they're seeing, and you're expressing your disapproval of the way it's gone since promotion.

My point is though, how is this good ? It will make the discontented fans feel better for getting it off their chest, letting their frustrations out on the manager and the team, but what will be the end result ? I have no doubt Vinni is doing his best, he's picking what he thinks is the best team and they're playing the way he thinks is best, he is what he is, he does what he does, he can't change, he isn't going to change, so we're left with a team playing in a toxic atmosphere with the likelihood of boos ringing round the stadium if the players don't perform. The fans can boo if they want, I just don't see how this is good.

There is though one scenario where it is good, if the fans want a change of manager. I was one of those booing Brian Laws, I'd had enough, I wanted him gone and the storm of booing when he walked across the pitch after the Scunny shambles meant he was gone within hours. Is that what you want ballcock, do you want Vinni sacked ? If so fair enough, if the fans turn on him there's only one winner and he's toast. If that's what you want to achieve then I hold my hand up, booing Vinni is good.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's fair enough, as I said, fans are perfectly entitled to boo if they don't like what they're seeing, and you're expressing your disapproval of the way it's gone since promotion.

My point is though, how is this good ? It will make the discontented fans feel better for getting it off their chest, letting their frustrations out on the manager and the team, but what will be the end result ? I have no doubt Vinni is doing his best, he's picking what he thinks is the best team and they're playing the way he thinks is best, he is what he is, he does what he does, he can't change, he isn't going to change, so we're left with a team playing in a toxic atmosphere with the likelihood of boos ringing round the stadium if the players don't perform. The fans can boo if they want, I just don't see how this is good.

There is though one scenario where it is good, if the fans want a change of manager. I was one of those booing Brian Laws, I'd had enough, I wanted him gone and the storm of booing when he walked across the pitch after the Scunny shambles meant he was gone within hours. Is that what you want ballcock, do you want Vinni sacked ? If so fair enough, if the fans turn on him there's only one winner and he's toast. If that's what you want to achieve then I hold my hand up, booing Vinni is good.
    I still do not think Pace will sack him Sinkov.They admitted they are ahead of schedule.What is not to like about going back to the Championship?
    No VAR farce and winning nearly every week.We were never going to storm the PL with £100m on 15 players.Arsenal bought one player for nearly £100m.Mistakes were made and we will be relegated but it is not for the want of trying.VK still has plenty of faith in the bank after last season with me.

First went to Turf Moor in 1958 with my grandad aged 8.

I have never ever booed the Clarets. Not once.

I'm a Burnley Football Club supporter, it's what I do.

I support, booing starts a cancer within the club and surely none of us wants that - do we?

I remember the time when some clowns suggested we all turn our backs away from the team in the days of Paul Weller.

I refused 100% point blank and the result was a "fan" who was giving it large in my face got knocked out by sat-next-to-me best mate Stevie.

Booing my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I still do not think Pace will sack him Sinkov.They admitted they are ahead of schedule.What is not to like about going back to the Championship?
    No VAR farce and winning nearly every week.We were never going to storm the PL with £100m on 15 players.Arsenal bought one player for nearly £100m.Mistakes were made and we will be relegated but it is not for the want of trying.VK still has plenty of faith in the bank after last season with me.
    Hear, hear CiB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)