+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players not doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    We went at them like a bull at a gate for the 1st 20min, like we always do at home. Through out that spell we created little and had 2 shots on target from Assenion, who is a full back.

Once Newcastle got the better of us, they just strolled through our non exsistant midfield and dragged our centre backs, all over the shop.

They eased off 2nd half, if not it would have been 10. We were dreadful like we have been all season at home.

One of the most disappointing seasons this one, if not the most of my 53rd season as a season ticket holder.
    Our home form has been diabolical at best, and I have severe reservations if Kompany is the man to take us forward.

If Kompany gets this summers transfer window wrong like last, it could be curtains for us with the future looking bleak
    Can’t argue with that ballcock - now I’ve calmed down a bit an observation would be that we never receive the ball moving - by this I mean we are very stop start - when you watch other teams they run into space and the players take the ball whilst running ( in my playing career from being a kid - the saying let the ball do the work was drilled into me - pass and move ) .
    Every team that we play are fluent at this level some better than others of course but we are receiving the ball stood still and whilst on the move - opposing teams at this level find that very easy to deal with.

Whilst I appreciate they’re level
    Of player - as soon as they have the ball they are two passes from being in our box - so they’re moving at pace and with purpose something we just don’t do.

I still think we’ll be Ok next season we’ll lose one or two but gain one or two as well - we need a finisher and I’ll say it again a big strong athletic midfielder

Somebody please explain to me how, a few weeks ago, Brentford commit the exact same foul in the box and we get a penalty and their player is dismissed, however, in the 7th minute yesterday we saw Guimares hold, then push, Assignon woth both hands and nothing was given at all.
    Why? Because Anthony Taylor bottled it because, had the penalty been given, it was also a clear DOGSO and Guimares would have had to go.

Many would say it would have been soft, well just have a look at the penalty awarded to Havertz yesterday, Manchester City's first penalty, Bournemouth's disallowed goal and there are others. The game is going to the dogs at the top level, there are different interpretations of the Laws of the Game being applied at every PL game and, as long as it favours the media darlings it just doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Somebody please explain to me how, a few weeks ago, Brentford commit the exact same foul in the box and we get a penalty and their player is dismissed, however, in the 7th minute yesterday we saw Guimares hold, then push, Assignon woth both hands and nothing was given at all.
    Why? Because Anthony Taylor bottled it because, had the penalty been given, it was also a clear DOGSO and Guimares would have had to go.

Many would say it would have been soft, well just have a look at the penalty awarded to Havertz yesterday, Manchester City's first penalty, Bournemouth's disallowed goal and there are others. The game is going to the dogs at the top level, there are different interpretations of the Laws of the Game being applied at every PL game and, as long as it favours the media darlings it just doesn't matter.
    Agree with every word Sub, the game is now refereed on a whim, not the Laws, no one seems to know what they are any more, nor how to apply them if they do. Not at all surprised Taylor bottled it, I've asked many times on here how he can be our top-rated referee, after the chaos he created at West Ham last week to me he's a laughing stock.

It's becoming obvious, except to those running the game, that football, referees and VAR are just incompatible. So many decisions are simply the referee's subjective opinion and it's just not credible having a VAR's opinion over-riding an on-field ref's opinion. It's a recipe for disaster and that's what VAR is, a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Agree with every word Sub, the game is now refereed on a whim, not the Laws, no one seems to know what they are any more, nor how to apply them if they do. Not at all surprised Taylor bottled it, I've asked many times on here how he can be our top-rated referee, after the chaos he created at West Ham last week to me he's a laughing stock.

It's becoming obvious, except to those running the game, that football, referees and VAR are just incompatible. So many decisions are simply the referee's subjective opinion and it's just not credible having a VAR's opinion over-riding an on-field ref's opinion. It's a recipe for disaster and that's what VAR is, a disaster.
    I’m going to say I agree with all of that Sinkov and Sub - the problem is that there is no stability or consistency, it’s like FFP isn’t it as in we all know it’s going on and wrong but it’s not going to change , the whole thing is corrupt top to bottom - it couldn’t happen in any other employment - with respect it’s easy in my eyes just be honest

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m going to say I agree with all of that Sinkov and Sub - the problem is that there is no stability or consistency, it’s like FFP isn’t it as in we all know it’s going on and wrong but it’s not going to change , the whole thing is corrupt top to bottom - it couldn’t happen in any other employment - with respect it’s easy in my eyes just be honest
    Army, it has happened in another industry, just speak to a lot of ex-subpostmaters and watch and listen to the enquiry that is going on. There are so many execs telling lies and having memory failure that they should be treating them for dementia.

You will note that both of the above examples are caused by the overwhelming desire to have everything reliant on digital technology.
    Another recent example is the Bulgarian gang who have cheated the country of £50 million which was made all the easier because of reliance on technology which does not scrutinise signatures, handwrwiting etc. it just deals with the input.
    Nothing is going to change because we are all being pushed dodwn the digital trail, whether it be banking, shopping, trying to et an appointment at your local surgery etc., etc.

The advent of more and more AI will aid their cause even more. Sad isn't it?

Both full backs were playing so high that it just left us massively exposed when we lost the ball.

I don't blame the players really, it's the way VK is trying to play. Great when we have the ball, but when you lose it unexpectedly you are screwed. Risk vs reward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)