+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLH Could He Return And Your Thoughts

Personally I would take Duff back.

However on the condition that his family moves into the local Barnsley area,

Problem for Duff, Stendal, Ismael or Hecky is that they would becoming back to a club currently showing little ambition and a squad of players unlikely to be good enough to be challenging for promotion. Unless something really good is going to happen at the club why would any aspiring manager / coach want to end up at Oakwell?

Duff takes stick for moving on and he took me in as well, I genuinely thought he was one of those rare breed managers who would show loyalty but alas he let us down , having said that our wonderful owners would were rubbing their hands at the compensation received and once again successfully sold another manager !!! . I personally believe that never going back is wise advice , my hero Alan Clarke and of course Danny both tried it and both times it failed, especially Danny"s tenure which boarded on tedium which simply was awful . The truth is that these owners simply do not have a clue , sacking Collins at the time they did was madness and has backfired big time & what it has done is put a big question mark in the head of any potential candidates , the way they treated Collins will not have not gone unnoticed among the football world and sent amber warning lights flashing therefore they are now shopping for a replacement from a lower standard of candidates and trying to satisfy the fan base which ultimately means they have backed themselves into a big corner , another massive cock up !!!!

"In response to the overwhelming calls from our devoted fanbase we are extending the Early Bird deadline to Friday 24th May"
    Official Site 23rd April 2024. Cough.

Plan A....With Season Ticket sales not going well the hope was a Play Off win and Championship football would produce a surge in demand from 18th to 24th May.

Plan B....With Season Ticket sales not going well the hope is to appoint a HC who will produce a surge in demand up to 24th May.

Will The Return of MLH provide that impetus to buy, buy, buy.?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-05-2024 at 07:19 AM.

Such an air of negativity pervading through all walks of life - especially football and especially Barnsley football.

I know I keep saying it and I’ll keep saying it until the message gets through - we have fabulous directors that have got LOADS of AMBITION for the club.

I suspect their FIRST full season in charge hasn’t gone to plan.
    But they are only in first gear.
    They are building a team.
    Many of the targets they went for they are unlikely to get.
    But they got some - and patched up with others.
    A few more primary targets will come on board this summer.
    And then the season after more will come on board.
    Their plan for success does not involve selling.
    If other clubs want our players they will now have to pay top dollar.
    Unless something unforeseen happens that knocks the club off course everything is pointing towards a great future.

Why do you persist in this continuous untruth about this board being in charge for one season ? List each member and have a look at when they joined the board then the penny might drop , they have been and currently are the reason for the problems we have today and going forward or to be more accurate backwards , we are currently a laughing stock , we are trying to recruit a new HC but they have made the job twice as hard by the way they treat and support the person in the hot seat, whether you liked Collins or disliked him it is irrelevant , the way they treated him was a disgrace , read his statement what he has made today & the guy has handled himself with class , its a pity the suits down at Oakwell could not have done the same , any person considering applying worth his salt will have taken a good look at the fiasco down at Grove st and say thanks but no thanks.

Footnote : It is 2 years today that the new board if you want to call them actually took the reigns although a number of them were on the board a long time before , so that is two full seasons , two full pre-seasons , certainly not one season although one positive is that we only lost one FA cup match in these 2 years .

Correct Shads.
    The so-called "new" Board with Parekh, Cryne and The Investor Group ( JAQ's husband) have held majority share control since June 2022 giving them control overseeing the 2022/23 Season and control of the Season just finished 2023/24. Season 2024/25 will be their third Season deciding on the HC and transfers.

"Their plan for success does not involve selling"---that is the business model Nudge. Buy cheap and young, develop over two/three years, sell hopefully for a profit to cover running costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Such an air of negativity pervading through all walks of life - especially football and especially Barnsley football.

I know I keep saying it and I’ll keep saying it until the message gets through - we have fabulous directors that have got LOADS of AMBITION for the club.

I suspect their FIRST full season in charge hasn’t gone to plan.
    But they are only in first gear.
    They are building a team.
    Many of the targets they went for they are unlikely to get.
    But they got some - and patched up with others.
    A few more primary targets will come on board this summer.
    And then the season after more will come on board.
    Their plan for success does not involve selling.
    If other clubs want our players they will now have to pay top dollar.
    Unless something unforeseen happens that knocks the club off course everything is pointing towards a great future.
    Thing is Nudge, by the time the two seasons have passed the support will have dwindled to around 5k.
    The “top dollar” will come for possibly the only two players we have that we can “turn a profit” on. …. but the funds will disappear into running costs, not “Building” fund.
    The first gear they are in will be in use for a few more months…if not years…. Because we are definitely on a hard struggle to get up the promotion hill.

He (Nudger) is having you over lads. He's been beating the same drum for so long without a single back up to any of it or indeed any logic whatsoever to his so called opinion. Don't be taken in by it, it's just to get a response and it's becoming embarrassingly tiresome bordering on taking the pyss out of people.

I can respect an opinion that's backed up with facts but the garbage he comes out with is not backed up nor is it substantiated. Its not even blind faith.

Time this joker was called out for what he really is, simply a WUM.

I think you are right Pass and I more than anyone keep on falling for it lol , but we all have our opinions which is fine but when some one is continuously on the wind up it does tend to grate , however freedom of speech rules therefore I must make a better effort in future not to rise to the bait !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast