+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Rumour has it the undisclosed fee was £225,000
    for those that had the pleasure of seeing him play for Notts, he deserved much better, having played under a couple of **** managers. Unfortunately, there are those on this site who dont attend games that seem to know better and get pleasure from seeing him playing at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    for those that had the pleasure of seeing him play for Notts, he deserved much better, having played under a couple of **** managers. Unfortunately, there are those on this site who dont attend games that seem to know better and get pleasure from seeing him playing at a lower level.
    It seems Buxton are pretty ambitious at the moment so hopefully this move might kickstart his career again. I for one hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It seems Buxton are pretty ambitious at the moment so hopefully this move might kickstart his career again. I for one hope so.
    In my eyes a talented player who was cruelly overlooked by our manager at the time for his defensive frailties rather than his attacking capabilities...as SP says let's hope this is a kickstart to bigger and better things for him..

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Rumour has it the undisclosed fee was £225,000
    Doubt it’s over 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Doubt it’s over 20k.
    More like a nominal fee of 500 quid and packet of smokes. Anyway like others have said hope he gets his career back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Oh durham there is no need to be like that chap, and him playing at a lower level is certainly not the reason for pleasure

In terms of having the pleasure to see him play I was there for undoubtedly his best moment in a Notts shirt when he scored that absolute beauty away at Borehamwood. Dream goal and moment for the youngster, and I celebrated accordingly. I also saw him at Maidenhead that same season which showed he was just too raw and too careless.

But let's not kid ourselves at the time he wasn't better than what we had playing in his position. He wasn't and isn't better than Enzio, or a Roberts, or Ruben. Would you have him ahead of an Austin now?

That's why he didn't get minutes, that's why he was allowed to leave for his own career.

As far as I'm aware he only played under one "**** manager"as you put it. So of course now he's been playing in the leagues below Notts it's that manager's fault, oh and the Flyde manager's fault too presumably lol

Yes I know he's a young Nottingham lad, come through the academy and that's rare and great to see but let's not pretend we've missed out to date.

He may go on to prove me and other wrong but so far Leamington, Flyde and Buxton say otherwise. But as our hotshot striker shows he's still got time and I've be happy if he got to play in the football league.

But I ask the question could it the be that the club and manager at the time were actually right and did the best for the club and player.

I see he will be renewing acquaintances with another ex-Magpie - Shaun Brisley. Good luck to Sam, hope it works out.

Hope it works out for him but at the time he was at Notts I never saw anything that would warrant him starting over the players we had, and certainly not the players we’ve since signed.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Hope it works out for him but at the time he was at Notts I never saw anything that would warrant him starting over the players we had, and certainly not the players we’ve since signed.
    Exactly my point and sentiment. The only players we had that I wanted him to start ahead of were loan players.

He was well behind an Enzio, Roberts, Alessandra at the time. Our options in that attacking midfielder role have only strengthened since so I would have had no regrets even if he had reached NL level with Fylde.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-10-2022 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Yeah, he was battling Enzio, Roberts and Thomas for a place on the wing, he was never getting ahead of those three. I think people have rose tinted specs about him because he's a youth player

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast