+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Can you believe anything that comes out of Trump's mouth? Really?

If the Democrats were trying to "fix" the election they haven't done a very good job. Not only is the Presidential race still too tight to call but they've also failed to regain control of the Senate.

The sooner Trump is gone the better. Maybe a bit of dignity might return to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Electronic voting is secure until it's not secure. As soon as the USA announced it had a foolproof electronic voting system, the world's hackers would set about trying to hit the jackpot and crash it.

In person voting is the best way of protecting the integrity of the vote, but can make it awkward if there are long queues and people are busy, and even that's not perfect; in some parts of southern Italy they have had to try to ban people taking mobile phones into voting booths as organised crime gangs will buy your vote for 80 euros but you have to take a photo of your completed polling slip to collect your money.

Maybe in-person elections that run for two or three days (Friday to Sunday?) would be the best option?
    Good idea that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Can you believe anything that comes out of Trump's mouth? Really?

If the Democrats were trying to "fix" the election they haven't done a very good job. Not only is the Presidential race still too tight to call but they've also failed to regain control of the Senate.

The sooner Trump is gone the better. Maybe a bit of dignity might return to the White House.
    This.

Biden now leads in Pennsylvania too. It's over. Trump does simply not have the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Biden now leads in Pennsylvania too. It's over. Trump does simply not have the numbers.
    Pending a Supreme Court ruling though.

I think Trump is trying to cling on because of all the law suits that are probably awaiting him when he leaves office.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Pending a Supreme Court ruling though.
    Most commentators say that lawsuits have to work their way up local and state courts before they get to the SC.

By then Biden will probably be sitting on 306 electoral college votes and a lead of over 5 million people in the popular vote...

I don't think the SC would even contemplating overturning a result like that, if it ever reaches them.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Most commentators say that lawsuits have to work their way up local and state courts before they get to the SC.

By then Biden will probably be sitting on 306 electoral college votes and a lead of over 5 million people in the popular vote...

I don't think the SC would even contemplating overturning a result like that, if it ever reaches them.
    Not talking about the overall result, just about Pennsylvania!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

I think Trump would back down in those circumstances.

Can anyone with some understanding of American politics explain to me what is the objective in claiming false votes or victory before the counts are in?

Is Trump merely doing a face-saving exercise in the event he loses? Does he want a civil war and he's rallying his troops? I don't get it. Once the votes are counted then whatever rhetoric is going on now is meaningless. Same as us arguing whether we're going to win at Aldershot or not - we may have different opinions but there's no point on going to court at 4.20 if we are 3-1 down.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast