+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crewe Alexandra FC 24.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    It’s been said often that we can’t handle the high press, but generally we can.
    What we absolutely can’t handle is the man for man marking. Crewe played us exactly as Mansfield did at our ground. They never gave a single player a second on the ball. Their energy levels were way above ours.
    It was easy to shout at the defence to get it forward but every player was man marked and the movement was none existent.
    I thought Robertson and McGoldrick were the only players that were trying to make things happen.

this

At the end of the match when the Crewe players were celebrating their much deserved win with their supporters I would have made our feckless lot go back out to watch!

League 2 football is absolute garbage and Notts County have players like Macaulay Langstaff, David Mcgoldrick, Jodi Jones and Dan Crowley yet are in the bottom half of the table. It is scarcely believable.

I see what you are saying, but surely the manager and our experienced players should know that the work you put in off the ball is just as important as your work when you have the ball.

When in possession you should always have the option of two passes. We only always had one option and that was either sideways or backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunks5 View Post
    I see what you are saying, but surely the manager and our experienced players should know that the work you put in off the ball is just as important as your work when you have the ball.

When in possession you should always have the option of two passes. We only always had one option and that was either sideways or backwards.
    You get the Top Bunk in my house! More than anything the people at fault are the players.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    League 2 football is absolute garbage and Notts County have players like Macaulay Langstaff, David Mcgoldrick, Jodi Jones and Dan Crowley yet are in the bottom half of the table. It is scarcely believable.
    Unfortunately we also have players like Kyle Cameron, Aiden Stone, Aaron Nemane, Junor Morias, John Bostock and so on who are at best under performing but in many instances just are probably not really good enough for L2. Bit of a clear out coming up I think. They all need to go but Cameron, Stone and Nemane are all on 2 year deals. Bostock and Morias can be shipped out at the end of the season. Cameron is a quirky one as he is somehow club captain but he's been below par all season and cannot be allowed a place in the starting line up other than as a sub at best in 24/25 season. At least Bostock, Nemane and even Stone have shown on occasion they have something to offer. Having a club captain who is woefully out of his depth is some poor management in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Unfortunately we also have players like Kyle Cameron, Aiden Stone, Aaron Nemane, Junor Morias, John Bostock and so on who are at best under performing but in many instances just are probably not really good enough for L2. Bit of a clear out coming up I think. They all need to go but Cameron, Stone and Nemane are all on 2 year deals. Bostock and Morias can be shipped out at the end of the season. Cameron is a quirky one as he is somehow club captain but he's been below par all season and cannot be allowed a place in the starting line up other than as a sub at best in 24/25 season. At least Bostock, Nemane and even Stone have shown on occasion they have something to offer. Having a club captain who is woefully out of his depth is some poor management in my opinion.
    Looking ahead to next season, we’ve already got too many players under contract who aren’t good enough for a promotion-chasing side: Morias, Randall, Chicksen, Rawlinson, Cameron, Nemane, Stone, Slocombe. Bostock isn’t worth a new contract, sadly. Scott and Baj are unproven at this level and hard to know if they will/should get new contracts. And Baldwin is out of contract and I can see others coming in for him. A big summer coming up for Richard Montague.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Davy doesn’t do facts he just hates LW.
    That's only half the story, Davy hates Williams and still worships Nolan.

He really needs to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I’m struggling to come to terms how you can even mention Bostock and Morias in the same sentence.
    Morias and Chicksen and Toby yes but Bostock is a level above all them 3.
    Another armchair fan

I really don't know what to make of today, apart from that we are playing nowhere near our potential. Crewe fully deserved the win, but didn't look anything special. They were hard working and well organised, and that seems to be enough to beat us at the moment. We are playing without any confidence, belief, or passion. We make it far too easy for the opposition, they don't have to be that good to take the points. I'm not blaming Maynard yet, the players have to take a long hard look at themselves. Crewe wanted it more, when we put a cross in they were determined to be first to the ball, when they put a cross in they were determined to be first to the ball. We make far too many token challenges rather than busting a gut to get there first. Our work off the ball has been lacking ever since we lost Matty Palmer.

Seems a big game on Tuesday, anything less than a win will be seriously worrying.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast