+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 216 of 301 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Something else that won't be featuring in BBC News broadcasts.

"Peru: world’s strictest lockdown and world’s highest death rate. Peru heeded all the expert advice to lock down hard and early. And it still suffered a total catastrophe."
    Someone left the stable doors open, the prize nags are at the bottom of the hill with a juggernaut about to hit them and then this...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...CMP=GTUK_email

There's always a new more deadly variant waiting to arrive, that's why they want Freedom Day pushed back, put it back a month and in a month there'll be another deadly variant due to arrive . If we're forever kacking our pants over variants, what's the point of vaccines ?

........and in a month there'll be another deadly variant due to arrive .

Yes, watch out its the crazy Israeli ''Messiah' virus. Even if you have the jab, this virus can effect you. You start seeing things, dancing and singing in the street ( Please I know it will not effect me before your comments I do not, nor will I ever have it!)

The main characteristic is a mental phenomena involving the presence of religiously-themed obsessive ideas, delusions, or other psychosis-like experiences that are triggered at night. You could suddenly wake up in the night and shout to your wife, (or mistress?)
    ''I am here, I have come!'' Halleluiah, Halleluiah. I am''! It is not endemic to one single religion or denomination but has affected Jews, Christians, and Muslims of many different backgrounds. It's features will never be heard on the BBC.

The best known, although not the most prevalent, manifestation of this Israeli syndrome is the phenomenon whereby a person who seems previously balanced and devoid of any signs of psychopathology becomes psychotic after seeing sights of Jerusalem in dreams.

Another Israeli syndrome superimposed on and complicated by idiosyncratic ideas. This does not necessarily take the form of mental illness and may simply be a culturally anomalous obsession with the significance of a group of people i e, the Palestinians either as an individual, or as part of a small religious group with idiosyncratic religious beliefs.

Another form or sub form of the virus is the Messiah complex A 1,(Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are destined to become a saviour ( perhaps to save Palestinians?)today or in the near future. The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that they are responsible for saving or assisting others.

Just be careful, BT especially!

I don't need either a vaccination or a dose of religion Balan to shake my booty...

Attachment 19165

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't need either a vaccination or a dose of religion Balan to shake my booty...

Attachment 19165
    I read em and it makes me laugh because I know with confidence that you and a few others would have been banging the drum had they just let it go and not bothered with a lockdown or restrictions.

You refuse to be inoculated for the safety of others never mind yourself, and carry on like your the one who’s right.

Regardless of the folk who have died unnecessarily the voluntary testing station people , the doctors , nurses and medical staff who I think really need - deserve your support.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I read em and it makes me laugh because I know with confidence that you and a few others would have been banging the drum had they just let it go and not bothered with a lockdown or restrictions.

You refuse to be inoculated for the safety of others never mind yourself, and carry on like your the one who’s right.

Regardless of the folk who have died unnecessarily the voluntary testing station people , the doctors , nurses and medical staff who I think really need - deserve your support.
    Long live freedom of choice and democracy, eh army88? At least Boris is not denying us these two important caveats - yet.

"Is the Indian variant really more like to land you in hospital? That is the claim being widely reported this morning, based on Public Health England’s technical briefing 14. The briefing claims that the Indian (or Delta variant) is associated with a ‘significantly increased risk of hospitalisation within 14 days of specimen date.’ If you are infected with the Indian variant you are 2.61 times as like to require hospitalisation within 14 days, relative to the risk if you are infected with the Kent variant. And you are 1.67 times at greater risk of having to seek A&E treatment or be hospitalised.

The complicating factor is that the raw data actually points a little in the opposite direction. The full study analysed over 200,000 cases of Covid sequenced between 1 October 2020 and 31 May 2021, 94.7 per cent of which were the Kent variant and 4.2 per cent the Indian variant. In both cases, Kent and Indian, 3.9 per cent of people ended up making a visit to an Accident and Emergency department. Of the Kent variant, 1.5 per cent of cases resulted in a hospital stay, compared with 0.9 per cent of cases of the Indian variant. As for the mortality rate, 1.2 per cent of cases of the Kent variant resulted in death, compared to 0.2 per cent of cases of the Indian variant. It is only when PHE tried to adjust the results for age, ***, ethnicity, area of residence and vaccine status that they detected a higher risk from the Indian variant.

The PHE report states emphatically: ‘confirmatory analyses are required to confirm the magnitude in change of risk’ – although this seems to have gone missing from much of the reporting this morning, which takes it as fact that the Indian variant is more likely to land you in hospital.

We have been here before. In January Sir Patrick Vallance, the Chief Scientific Adviser, held a press conference to announce, glumly, that the Kent variant appeared to have a mortality rate 30 per cent higher than previous variants. That led news bulletins. Less noticed were two studies published in the Lancet and Lance Infectious Diseases in April which analysed the data and concluded that, after all, the Kent variant was no more deadly than previous variants."

Project Fear still on steroids, you don't like the stats, a bit of tweaking here and there and bob's your uncle, we now have all the scary stats we need.

Littlejohn in the Mail ertainly hits the nail on the head as far as a lot of people are thinking:-

Just when you thought it was safe to start planning a summer holiday, along comes the Sherpa Tenzing Variant direct from Nepal.
    The Nepalese government insists this new strain doesn’t actually exist, but that hasn’t stopped the scaremongering scientists here seizing upon it to prolong the agony.

Last night the Government decided against expanding the green list of countries considered safe to visit. Portugal was downgraded to amber, meaning that holidaymakers who flocked there thinking it was an oasis they could visit without sanction will now have to quarantine on their return.
    Don’t look back in amber, I heard them say.

The Nepal Variant arrived in the nick of time for ‘the science’, which has been searching for any excuse to keep the pandemic emergency going. No doubt there will be a couple more along shortly. Like London buses, Covid variants hunt in packs.
    Not that we are supposed to call it the Nepal Variant. Referring to any strain by its ethnic or geographical origin is now considered racist.
    You couldn’t make it up.

That hasn’t prevented the French weaponising the Kent version as ‘le variant Anglais’ and banning visitors from the UK. But here in superwoke Britain, we are instructed to use the Greek alphabet to refer to the variants — Alpha, Beta, Gamma and so on.
    Stand by for the Enigma Variations, of which there were 14 at last count. That should keep the stage army of lockdown enthusiasts in business for the foreseeable future.

I’ve been warning you for months not to bet your mortgage on all restrictions being lifted on June 21. Boris might be making all the right noises, but when push comes to shove he will defer to ‘the science’.

Politicians throughout the crisis have been content to cower behind the Covid quangocracy. And the members of Sage, Nervtag, Cobra, SMERSH and whatever other fancy acronym they can dream up have no incentive to start pulling on their demob suits any time soon.
    The assorted academics running the show have been living the dream for the past year and a half. They’re not about to let go now.
    As I told you on Day One, this is their World Cup, their Ashes, their Wimbledon all rolled into one.
    They’ve been at the heart of the action, dictating government policy, drawing their full salaries and exercising real power without responsibility. They’ve been feted by radio and TV producers and invited to spout unchallenged their sermons of doom.

Look at, for instance, that couple of experts who turn up on BBC Breakfast every weekend — the scary looking Scottish woman who ensures that her jumper always matches the colour of the bunch of flowers on the shelf behind her and the flamboyant professor with his own radio studio — complete with Covid clock.
    Last night the Government decided against expanding the green list of countries considered safe to visit as Portugal (pictured) was downgraded...don't look back in amber I heard them say

Last night the Government decided against expanding the green list of countries considered safe to visit as Portugal (pictured) was downgraded...don't look back in amber I heard them say

No one is going to convince me that they will give up their gig voluntarily and return to the obscurity of the senior common room, where completing the Guardian crossword is about as exciting as it gets. And, frankly, who can blame them?
    Ministers have been happy to abrogate their responsibility, to avoid difficult decisions by claiming to ‘follow the science’.

But we pay politicians to take difficult decisions. We are also supposed to have a Parliament which holds Government to account. Shamefully, with a few honourable exceptions, MPs have been conspicuous by their absence.
    Policies have been implemented by ministerial fiat, devoid of proper scrutiny. Why is the Commons chamber so sparsely populated now that just about everyone who may be at risk has been vaccinated? There’s no justification for MPs continuing to hide behind masks and plastic screens, while sitting 6ft apart.

They should be setting an example to the rest of the country and embracing a return to normality.

Left to ‘the science’ there never will be an end to this nightmare. They’re pursuing an unattainable Zero Covid policy. It’s time for Parliament to call a halt.
    We didn’t vote to Take Back Control from unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats in Brussels only to hand it over to unelected, unaccountable boffins in Britain.
    They can always find another reason to reintroduce lockdown and restrict foreign travel.

Fortunately, the people are ahead of the curve, casting off the shackles with abandon. While the politicians and the experts dither, the rest of us have decided the game’s over. The sun has got his hat on and caution is being cast to the wind. As Springs**** might have put it:
    Whitehall’s jammed with Covid Zeroes on a last chance power glide,
    But everybody’s out on the beach this week, there’s no need left to hide.

When Boris has been bold, it’s paid off in spades. Thanks to his decision to bypass the bureaucracy, we have the most successful and extensive vaccination programme of any major nation.
    More than 30 million people have had both jabs and have nothing to fear from the Nepal Variant or any other variant for that matter. We should be free to travel where on earth we like. Time to tear up the green list, the amber list and, yes, the red list. We’re perfectly capable of assessing the risks for ourselves.
    And if you do travel to a red list country and don’t fancy shelling out two grand to spend a fortnight banged up in a hotel when you come back, just make your way to Calais and hire a dinghy.

If Sage, or Nervtag, or any of the rest of the scientists start squealing in Greek about the Alpha or Omega Variants, Boris should reach for the NATO phonetic alphabet and tell them to Foxtrot Oscar.

In February, Imperial College Covid-19 Response Team/SAGE, produced forecasts for Boris's Road map out of Lockdown. They forecast the number of people who would be in hospital, depending on the speed at which restrictions were lifted. The scenarios were in decreasing speed of lifting restrictions,

Scenario One, fastest lifting of restrictions, June 4th....42,349 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Two, June 4th....12,251 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Three, June 4th....6,116 patients in hospital.
    Scenario Four, June 4th....2,186 patients in hospital.

Actual number of patients in hospital on June 4th....805

Time and time and time again, the Mad Scientists of Sage get it wrong, they vastly overestimate the risk, but these are the people who are on the BBC on a daily basis, scaremongering, pushing Project Fear, these are the people the Government listens to, and sets policy accordingly, and god help Boris in the media if he doesn't listen to these Mad Scientists.

But no one in the media wants to point out that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes. Why ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 07-06-2021 at 08:05 AM.

In one of the rags this morning, it shows aerial photos of deserted beaches in Ibiza. The locals probably don't even know where Nepal is.

Page 216 of 301 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)