+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Andrew Dallas 11 match thread and roll call etc

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    My over riding feeling coming out of the ground last night was one of frustration.

That's the best we've played against them this season - didn't deserve to lose but by f'uck we've got to sort the defending out.

I thought we were comfortable first half and the first goal came from nothing.

The first goal was a car crash. Logan lost Kent, just let him run away from him - not good enough. Lewis is an excellent keeper but that was a really poor attempt at a stop. Then Harvey Price is in acres of space where the RB should be.

Second goal not much better. Backed off and got punished for it again. That's 3 goals in the last 2 games we've lost from teams coming at us down the middle and us backing off. Sort it out!

Third goal was clearly offside - yet ignored - which will be why McKenna's hand was up. Still naïve of him though in that situation.

Fourth goal we were picked off when pushing for the equaliser but Hoban (who was excellent) should have tracked Defoe instead of getting pulled towards the ball as we had two other players there to take care of that.

We're simply not going to win these games with these types of defensive mistakes.

Logan was utterly abysmal - again. Even DM admitted it by subbing him. Time's up. He needs replaced. If we ever get the back 4 fit and available get Hoban in at RB with McKenna and Devlin in the middle and Lowe at LB.

McKenna had a poor game but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was rusty after his lay off. Maybe should not have been pitched straight back into this one. That said he was stupid getting himself sent off. Harvey Price was walking for his stamp in the nads so if he'd kept his cool we'd have been 11 v 10.

Should of course have been 11 v 9 when that scumbag keeper deliberately tried to do Ferguson. Pen and red card ignored. Compliance officer no doubt looking the other way too - apart from rescinding Harvey's red card obviously.

If and when McKenna goes though, I'd be perfectly happy to see us get Hoban in permanently if at all possible as a replacement. Best defender on the park for us last night as he was at Easter Road too.

Shinnie was immense again in the middle. We'll miss that if/when he goes. Thought GMS & Stewart did well out wide and got in some dangerous positions. Wilson linked up well when he came on. Cosgrove was good, put himself about and scored another two - cant ask much more.

We've got some good creative forward players in that squad, just got to find the right formation to use them.

So poor defending and the unsurprising "honest mistakes" cost us last night. As others have said losing 8 goals at home to the cheeks is just not acceptable and we need to get that sorted out.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Good summary. Harvey Price ����
    Defence (Hoban aside) was poor last night but also naïve. It was obvious Moronloss had got under McKenna's skin and affected his game. Hoban, Considine even Shinnie or Ferguson could have swapped Italian style and kicked him until they were booked. Might not have taken long given the ref. but McKenna is still a young loon and it showed last night.

Here's my random thoughts after having a little time to get over the disappointment...

1) Strange team selection - why are we trying to shoehorn 3 central defenders in when Rangers only play with 1 striker?
    2) Defence was woeful. Hoban did well. McKenna had a stinker. Logan was rotten again.
    3) McKenna should concentrate more on winning headers than claiming offside, then we wouldn't have conceded the penalty.
    4) I think McKenna did kick out a bit, but he didn't make contact and you could argue it was just the way he fell and the way he was trying to propel himself back to his feet. Morelos on the other hand had been barging into our defenders all night, blatantly stamped on McKenna between the legs, faked injury for several minutes, then laughed as he walked off the pitch. The most dislikeable character in Scottish football for a long time.
    5) Shinnie and GMS played very well - they will be missed next season.
    6) Cosgrove played well - took his goals well and contributed in other ways. Maybe he is a player after all.
    7) We dominated the second half because Rangers were content to let us have the ball and hit us on the break - which they did to great effect for the 4th goal.
    8) Stewart did well enough and Wilson did fine when he came on too. Both of them want to link up, create and score - the two of them and GMS could work well together behind Cosgrove.
    9) McGregor isn't far behind Morelos for most dislikeable character in Scottish football. He should've been red carded and we should have had a penalty for that challenge on Ferguson - could've broken the boy's leg.
    10) I'm annoyed that McInnes spent his post match interview singing Morelos' praises rather than focussing on how much of a **** he is and how poor our defence was.

It's only one game, but it does make a big difference as we'll struggle to make up the ground now as Celtic and Rangers will begin to pull away.

Using a disabled kid to point score is totally hunnish behaviour.

Cannot ****ing believe it ( yes I can actually ) the ******* Hun have the audacity to appeal the Red card given to Moreorless.
    What Fitba planet are they actually on !
    Everyone despises the toxic club and is it any wonder why
    This appeal beggars belief. They have no respect or dignity whatsoever
    The decent thing to do would have been to accept the circumstances as there player cheated and contrived to get McKenna sent off whilst faking a hit on his face
    How embarrassing is Moreorless, a fraud a cheat
    But not Newco , they seem to think its an automatic right to appeal anything
    Newco just how low can they crawl
    Scotlands shame always

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Cannot ****ing believe it ( yes I can actually ) the ******* Hun have the audacity to appeal the Red card given to Moreorless.
    The decent thing to do would have been to accept the circumstances as there player cheated and contrived to get McKenna sent off whilst faking a hit on his face
    Scotlands shame always
    Absolutely unbelievable. Couldn't make it up. The scariest thing is there's a fair chance his ban will get overturned. I wish McKenna had just got up and booted the little idiot over the Richard Donald stand roof into the North Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Scotlands shame always
    It's some brass neck on their part but they are doing it because they know they have a chance of winning the appeal. In any other country it would get thrown out on its @rse due to Morelos's recent indiscipline issues. In Scotland however....

The fact they have the cup tie against Killie coming up is the main reason it'll probably be overturned.
    5088 are pretty gash without Harvey up front and they'll want a 5088/Raselickbyrawaybutbigman final to market so they won't want to take any risks here.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The fact they have the cup tie against Killie coming up is the main reason it'll probably be overturned.
    5088 are pretty gash without Harvey up front and they'll want a 5088/Raselickbyrawaybutbigman final to market so they won't want to take any risks here.
    If it is rescinded like the previous one up here, our club have a duty to our supporters and indeed the decent supporters of any club to demand transparency, imho I thought that the result was a fair one and in no way am I bleating about that, however after my last visit to the 6th floor at Hampden I can say hand on heart we have f ucking imbeciles running the show and as I say our club has a duty to speak out in a manner that Stevie Clarke did, without this 1985 is and will be marked down in history.

Anyway, bread and butter fitba at Torphins the morn.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is it not the case that because they have appealed he can play against Killie?

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast