+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

From the little I've seen of Chicksen, I think Bakayogo was a better bet but he always seemed to get a raw deal from Ardley. Well, I suppose the manager knows best.

A lot has been said and a lot more will be said in the coming days and weeks, but the phrase that must be flashing in bright neon lights after the way last season ended was and is "HIT THE GROUND RUNNING". If Notts can't do that then how much damage are the owners going to allow Ardley to do to 2020/21 before they are left with no choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I have to agree get rid of him. He's shown time and time again to be both tactically inept and tactically stubborn. Paul Tisdale, Paul Hurst and Danny Cowley are available, go and get any of them. With our squad any 1 of those 3 would get us promoted, Ardley will not.
    Completely agree. This is basically a Munto season scenario (without the dominant opening day performance) and we need a Cotterill.

When people say pre-season games don’t matter, I’d say this is a great example of showing that they do. This was just a continuation of last week minus the defensive errors - until we switched off from their one corner of the half. Plenty of possession, zero cutting edge. Again. And once again, struggling against a minnow.

We’ve now got two home games we need six points from, simple as. Almost as importantly, we also need two dominant performances. Barnet lost 5-1 at home today, while Altrincham drew 0-0, so no more excuses Neal. Pressure’s on, deal with it.

Also something else that never changes - opening day defeat. Still, at least we’re used to that.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 03-10-2020 at 04:59 PM.

To me,pre-season, you play your 1st 11 every game from the start so they get to know everything. During these games, then you start to experiment with swapping players, tactics & positions to see how to alter a game

There is no denying that it was a terrible result especially on the opening day.

We should have known deep down that we would not hit the ground running today after the Harrogate and York games.

Excuses about pitches in tier five are lame and are somewhat frustrating to here. They are going to be wet, greasy and uneven. We’ve got to deal with it. Meadow Lane is carpet, other grounds are not.

Other clubs talk about our vast league experience and players with league experience but like in the playoff final we do not show our experienced might and muscle. That’s the frustrating part.

We will need to create a lot more clear cut chances and goal scoring opportunities going forward.

We have also got to want it more than smaller teams and less abled players.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Ken & Deidre will be along shortly defending the useless turd. Deidre might have changed her mind again
    I’ve always assumed you’re aiming that Deidre comment at me, but I’ve no idea what it relates to. Can’t be any worse than being racist scum though, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’ve always assumed you’re aiming that Deidre comment at me, but I’ve no idea what it relates to. Can’t be any worse than being racist scum though, can it?
    Hello Deidre, not changed your mind yet. Scum, big word from a VVanker. Told you get your facts right
    Your one boring feckin poster

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There is no denying that it was a terrible result especially on the opening day.

We should have known deep down that we would not hit the ground running today after the Harrogate and York games.

Excuses about pitches in tier five are lame and are somewhat frustrating to here. They are going to be wet, greasy and uneven. We’ve got to deal with it. Meadow Lane is carpet, other grounds are not.

Other clubs talk about our vast league experience and players with league experience but like in the playoff final we do not show our experienced might and muscle. That’s the frustrating part.

We will need to create a lot more clear cut chances and goal scoring opportunities going forward.

We have also got to want it more than smaller teams and less abled players.
    Your right in one sense we all knew really that we would,nt hit the ground running, even though we keep hoping maybe this time will be different
    Just at a loss, how are we going to create more clear cut chances, how are we going to want to win more than smaller teams??

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Completely agree. This is basically a Munto season scenario (without the dominant opening day performance) and we need a Cotterill.
    Perfect analogy. We have a squad that every manager in this league is envious of, whether they'd admit that is another matter. Ardley reminds me of Mcparland actually, seems a nice guy but was tactically poor. It's laughable that we played the diamond today, after Pre-season showed it's not right for us. It makes it look like Ardley cares more about being proven right, than what's best for the team.

Page 22 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast