+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 225 of 349 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Ker you are a total and utter fool. The cons won the election on the main point of leaving the EU so if you can count the Lib Dems and the green party on those values you also have to accept the cons on the same principle or do you just like to cherry pick for your own stance. Idiot.
    I'm cherry picking? Lol. You have taken Gf's crown! Is he going to come back – that’s the burning question…

I agree that the majority of Tories will be leavers - that is apparent from the referendum polling data. Your position depends on ignoring the fact that the same polling data showed a majority for remain among Labour supporters. You also can't ignore the fact that the Tory vote collapsed last Thursday in large part because the hard leavers from that party defected to remain parties.

I am against a further referendum for the reasons that I have set out in this thread. Why are you against one if you are so confident in the figures from last Thursday?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 27-05-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm cherry picking? Lol. You have taken Gf's crown! Is he going to come back – that’s the burning question…

I agree that the majority of Tories will be leavers - that is apparent from the referendum polling data. Your position depends on ignoring the fact that the same polling data showed a majority for remain among Labour supporters. You also can't ignore the fact that the Tory vote collapsed last Thursday in large part because the hard leavers from that party defected to remain parties.

I am against a further referendum for the reasons that I have set out in this thread. Why are you against one if you are so confident in the figures form last Thursday?
    I am against one because I was not allowed one all the other times the result went the way I didn't want it too. But hey ho I am a believer in if thats the way the vote went I have to accept it like a true believer in DEMOCRACY.

So yet again you argue a point against yourself? hmmmmmm If they would not lose those imports why do you think that we would lose those imports we get from the EU? Your argument is beginning to let more water in than the Titanic did.
    ***Sigh***

Tariffs make cross border trade more difficult and expensive than the free trade that we currently enjoy with the EU. In addition, the inevitable delays that would accrue at Dover etc. would add to costs and would also act to make such trade more expensive.

Trade between the EU and UK would not stop overnight as you seem to believe, but the fact that it becomes more difficult and expensive makes it less attractive. As an example of how it would work, someone in France who is currently importing widgets from a firm in the West Mids, might well find that the consequence of tariffs on that trade means that he can now get his widgets much more cheaply from a supplier in Italy. That’s the point of tariffs – they are designed to protect the industry and markets of the country imposing them (or to be used as economic weapons as Mr Trump is doing).

I don’t argue against myself. I simply set out the factual position rather than the make believe or half-truths that your arguments tend to depend upon.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 27-05-2019 at 02:55 PM.

You obviously know the reasons that you have set out in this thread against a further referendum so please share them with us
    It shouldn't be an onerous task & would bring us all up to date on a thread that has reached almost Two & a quarter thousand posts
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-05-2019 at 02:56 PM.

I am against one because I was not allowed one all the other times the result went the way I didn't want it too. But hey ho I am a believer in if thats the way the vote went I have to accept it like a true believer in DEMOCRACY.
    But what are you scared of? If you are right about the figures from last Thursday, a further referendum would result in a clear mandate for the ultra hard Brexit that you want.

I am against a further referendum for the reasons that I have set out in this thread. Why are you against one if you are so confident in the figures form last Thursday?
    Ker, I am using the logic that you have used to form your opinion on the Lib Dems and Green Party. If you use an argument to back things up and I use that same argument against you then you should have no comeback otherwise you are arguing against your own points. I will say no more than people in glass houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You obviously know the reasons that you have set out in this thread against a further referendum so please share them with us
    It shouldn't be an onerous task & would bring us all up to date
    Use the search facility like normal people.

But what are you scared of? If you are right about the figures from last Thursday, a further referendum would result in a clear mandate for the ultra hard Brexit that you want.
    I am not scared but why should I go against my own beliefs that Democracy is not best served with another vote. I'm not like you and the rest of the leavers I dont want to prove a point I just want the correct view that leave won the referendum and as a country that preaches democracy all over the world we should stick by that belief.

Ker, I am using the logic that you have used to form your opinion on the Lib Dems and Green Party. If you use an argument to back things up and I use that same argument against you then you should have no comeback otherwise you are arguing against your own points. I will say no more than people in glass houses.
    I don't mind at all if you want to add the Tory vote into the Leave column. It's irrelevant given that the figures are what they are. But if you are going to do it, the inescapable logic of that is that you must add the Labour vote into Leave.

Use the search facility like normal people.
    Help me out here Kerr what should I put into the search engine?

Page 225 of 349 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast