+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Ross Coonty Roll Call Match Thread and all that Pesh

I was relieved to discover this morning that Dick Foster isn't as I'd previously believed a native of the greatest city in the world. He was born in that hun hole Elgin.

It all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    And yet you can use the word 'settlers' .... in a comment suggesting you would find it favourable if they were got rid of, and further, when asked to take the opportunity to clarify and provide a way of understanding your comment in terms other than overt racism, you appear unwilling or unable to do so.

Any other words you are thinking of banning? How about ... Overblown, Hun, sympathising, racist, ****?

A strange word to take offence to.

To me, settlers will always mean White Settlers, directed at the English who have a tendency to try and take over any community they decide to settle down in.

Nothing like an English voice on a committee teling you what you're doing wrong.

I wonder if they'll happily go home when Scottish independence means they are an immigrant in a country they used to be in a union with?

Not that I'm advocating repatriation you understand, just wonder if they could ever see themselves as immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    A strange word to take offence to.

To me, settlers will always mean White Settlers, directed at the English who have a tendency to try and take over any community they decide to settle down in.

Nothing like an English voice on a committee teling you what you're doing wrong.

I wonder if they'll happily go home when Scottish independence means they are an immigrant in a country they used to be in a union with?

Not that I'm advocating repatriation you understand, just wonder if they could ever see themselves as immigrants.
    Donsdaft, In general, Ah canna be arsed wi anti-English pish. To me it's discrimination on the grounds o' race/nationality and therefore qualifies as racist.

I dont think I need to explain/qualify why I'm offended by this, but I will .. because it's personal.

My English Grandfather moved to Aberdeen just before the outbreak of WW1. If he didn't I wouldn't be here.

My Son was born to my English partner who moved to Aberdeen in 1990. Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

I tolerate most of the anti-English pish that I hear/witness from time to time, but a comment suggesting that 'getting rid' would be favourable, is a step too far and belongs alongside similar comments targeted at black or Asian populations.

That is all I want to say on the matter. If Mr Admin cannot accept that his comment crossed a line, then he is a poor administrator. If many other forum members are supportive of such comments, then I despair!

In general, Ah canna be arsed wi anti-English pish. To me it's discrimination on the grounds o' race/nationality and therefore qualifies as racist
    First of all I wasn't on about english people. I lived in England for years and find then less offensive than you're average weegie. So you can stand down soldier.

I'm interested about your thought process though. English people come in all shapes, sizes and colours so it can't be racist to dislike English people even if the mental hate laws in this country days you can. You can be bigoted towards then for sure. They aren't a race they are just a group of people. A group of people like say Rangers fans, Celtic fans, Dundee United fans.

With that in mind are you okay with discrimination and abuse aimed at say huns, tims, jutes etc or are they somehow fair game while the English aren't?

That is all I want to say on the matter. If Mr Admin cannot accept that his comment crossed a line, then he is a poor administrator.
    He's not an admin on this site. That's just the current online persona that he's chosen to hide behind. Next he'll be telling us he's got a job investigating unsolved murders with some other forum members.

He's very easy ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He's not an admin on this site. That's just the current online persona that he's chosen to hide behind. Next he'll be telling us he's got a job investigating unsolved murders with some other forum members.

He's very easy ignored.
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

He's very easy ignored.
    I’m tempted to lock this thread. 🗝🗝🗝🗝
    Last edited by 57vintage; 02-09-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: She’s a big teaser, she took me half the way there

Donsdaft, In general, Ah canna be arsed wi anti-English pish. To me it's discrimination on the grounds o' race/nationality and therefore qualifies as racist.

I dont think I need to explain/qualify why I'm offended by this, but I will .. because it's personal.

My English Grandfather moved to Aberdeen just before the outbreak of WW1. If he didn't I wouldn't be here.

My Son was born to my English partner who moved to Aberdeen in 1990. Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

I tolerate most of the anti-English pish that I hear/witness from time to time, but a comment suggesting that 'getting rid' would be favourable, is a step too far and belongs alongside similar comments targeted at black or Asian populations.

That is all I want to say on the matter. If Mr Admin cannot accept that his comment crossed a line, then he is a poor administrator. If many other forum members are supportive of such comments, then I despair!

Fair enough min, that's the problem with nations.
    I keep trying to get rid of them but naebody listens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Fair enough min, that's the problem with nations.
    I keep trying to get rid of them but naebody listens to me.
    If you got rid of countries, what would you replace them with? A humungous world government is never going to work, or happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If you got rid of countries, what would you replace them with? A humungous world government is never going to work, or happen.
    I would give Ernst Blofeld a go. I always thought he got a bad press, him being a cat lover as well

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223