+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

I'm following Ruben's fortunes wanting him to do well, like I do the vast majority of former players that move on. He was out of contract, 27 and needing to push on, and had served us fantastically for the full length of his contract.

I'll root for certain ex-managers like Maddog, Shorty, Kewell, Moniz in whatever they move on to.

But I really enjoyed seeing FGR get beat.
    LW? Top top man, club legend, understand the move and all that - but young managers that can't honour their contracts?
    I'll want Swansea to lose. Not nearly so much as FGR, but as the prerogative of the football fan, I'll enjoy rooting against them. Maybe I'll come around in a few years after he makes another move - up, down or sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Didn’t realise he had left Gateshead
    How about the guy from Barrow... He also did a good job at Halifax..

Wonder if Swansea have any very good up and coming players that Luke might loan to Notts? - Could be a useful connection for loan players!

Well I have full faith in the brothers to already have someone lined up. It was good business practice to get Luke and Ryan to sign new contracts - they probably offered them more than what they should have, but the new contracts were insurance policies.

I think Luke has been struggling a bit of late. It may have been the squad depth or we just don't have the quality of players to play that way. I personally don't think it's the quality - this is demonstrated by the way we play at home. I felt that Luke was unable to play any other way and this was found out when we played away.

Good luck to him and Ryan, but we'll move on too. We have good leaders and it's more important to get behind Christoffer and Alex and trust in their decisions.

Onwards and upwards.

I remember wishing Cotterill well after he left and I was in a minority on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. There are some posts that show bitterness and sour grapes on this thread and that's unfair in my opinion.
    I see it as Eastcoastultra syndrome, but without the expletives!

It's when something you don't want to happen happens, and it's hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    It'll look sh.tter more like.
    Ha ha yeah, probably when we see who the replacement is! He got us out the NL so will always be a great manager for us in my eyes, I just wish he would stay even though obviously it's a big opportunity. I hope he does well there though and I'll get over my thoughts that we're always the bridesmaid never the bride sometime before next season I'm sure! Please don't let it be IB again, I couldn't take it after today.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    How about the guy from Barrow... He also did a good job at Halifax..
    Peter Wild, I thought we would go for him last time, I wouldn’t be totally unhappy with him but anything’s probably going to feel underwhelming after LW.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Wonder if Swansea have any very good up and coming players that Luke might loan to Notts? - Could be a useful connection for loan players!
    Yep…. We’ve got a few.

Liam Smith, Ben Lloyd, Cameron Congreve

And tbh who cares how some people see him after leaving, that's upto them. As Elite says it's mainly due to being hard to take this mid season when we finally have the right man for the job and it would be nice if someone stayed with us for once. Get off people's backs if they don't wish him all the best or might take a small amount of pleasure if Swansea lose, it's their choice so what's it to everyone else.

Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast