+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 230 of 768 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 7674

Thread: OT Wordle.

Just before I go to bed I thought I’d have a pop at todays challenge.

1. Using my favourite word which consists of three vowels and a ‘S’, scored zero!
    2. Second go, 2 y, 1g.
    3. 2y, 2g
    4. Sure I’d got it, perfect word that gutted but no
    so 2g, 2y
    5. Final go it simply had to be xxxxx. Result 5 g.
    One over on the day so back to + 4 overall.
    Night all or should I say have a good day I’m off to sleep now.
    Last edited by Brin; 19-11-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Another birdie today 3, at last hitting some form
    Lovely 350 yard drive just off centre 1y 2g
    7 iron chaser that pitched on fringe of green and ran right up to the flag but lipped out. 4g
    tap in 5g

An eventful hole.

Matched Jake's drive for distance, only to see my ball trickle into the left fairway bunker. 4y

From a great lie in the bunker and with an open green ahead I decided to go with a 5 iron and go for the pin. A heavy contact and slight hook saw my ball bounce once and the find the sand again in the deep green side bunker this time. The ball was travelling so fast I was feeling rather fortunate I wasn't 50 yards away from the green in heavy rough. Terrible shot. Still only 4y

Didn't realise how deep the bunker was and again I had a little bit of luck with my lie. Couldn't see the hole as I pondered my shot and all I was thinking was up and down for a par. Took a swing and got the the connection I was looking for. Immediate thought was just let me be within 10 feet for a chance of par. Better than that. Straight in for a birdie 3. 5g

My 2nd guess narrowed the probability significantly but happy to get away with that.

Beginning to think my start word is going to let me down if I don't change it for the inward 9. Messes with your mind does golf.

Birdie 3 for me today (19th Nov)

A nice drive off and a reasonable lie just to the left of the fairway around 100 yds from the green. (3y)
    Chipped onto the green but whilst it was in a decent place on the green, around 5 feet away I had to really give it some thought about the slope towards the hole (4y)
    After some deliberation I came up with how to play it and it dropped straight into the hole for a birdie 3 (5g)

3y
    4y
    5g

UTM

A routine birdie. Nice drive, 8 iron to 2 feet and a tap in. -3 after 8 holes I think.

3y
    4g
    5g

Ahh. Saturday. The day where I have a proper drink.

After disposing of the body from the clubhouse into the local reservoir, I load up the bat carrier with Smirnoff and, lacking in room, just carry a couple of bats by hand. Here we go again.

At the Golfle court, I drain my first bottle and am about to first serve when I hear a disturbance in the hedgerow.

“Watch me Likk on Tv Spad”

“Excuse me?”

“Watch out lecc cars on body fog toneet”

“Ah hello Crash. You’ve started early. I’ve clearly got some catching up to do”

“Reet town in freezer mac bah, mark my words Putin dee dar pang”.

“Exactly pal. Have a good day mate. Watch your step when you climb out of the hedge”.

Some people think that I have a drink problem. *******s to that. They should go see the Master.

So – on we go. Out comes the fat bat and I smash the ball straight down the Fair Lay for my first reasonable serve in a few days (0g 3 y). Happily I skip down the pitch twirling my second Smirny and doing the little Morecombe and Wise hop-skip. I am the business today.

“W@nker” calls out Lol from his Golf buggy. He accompanies his insult with a predictable coarse gesture before driving off guffawing. Typical Lol - always on my case. Has to use his buggy as he's too fat to walk.

Anyhoo – ignore him. I look se*y and that’s all that matters. I shuffle up for my follow up shot and thwack, off it goes into the distance, a brilliant shot! Surely? I squint hard through my standard haze into the distance but see no ball. Look left. Nope. Look right. Nada. Look down – there’s the fekker. It’s moved inexplicably barely 1 and a half Andy Roscoes forward from the shot. What the…? How the…? I am little better off from my great start (0g 3y)

Still a strong position though thanks to my s*xy first serve, so confident I can turn this round. Just need focus. After another half a bottle of focus, I used my old faithful slanty bat and once again, the ball majestically levitated onto the grassy green thing with flag, pulling close to hole in ground (1g 3 y).

Not wanting to lose my record of not getting lower than a Parp like those other losers, so I focused good and proper, so much so I threw up in by bat carrier. This is a magnificent day. Some young girls were walking by and stopped to watch with open mouths. Yes, Pup. You’ve still got it. I smiled, winked as off they went, a bit faster than I would have expected or liked.

Here goes. Distance to hole in ground approx. two Des Hazels and a crouching Paul Hurst, but in my breezy, smirnoffed fervour, I turned back to hole in ground and shot home through my legs without even looking. Straight in without kissing the lips. Third Parp in a row and plenty of day left to throw my shapes with my friends on the town centre benches.

CT Milller/CAM, can we please have a leaderboard update.

Hole 8

Trees on the right, fields to the left

Monster drive, missing the ditch on the LHS and landing well up and central to the fairway 4y
    5 iron and landed the ball just 3 ft from the pin 2g,2y
    Birdie chance but no hit edge of the cup and lipped out to just 3" from the hole 4g
    Easy tap in (with only letter that could fit) for a par 4 5g

Still 4 over for the round

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Hole 8

Trees on the right, fields to the left

Monster drive, missing the ditch on the LHS and landing well up and central to the fairway 4y
    5 iron and landed the ball just 3 ft from the pin 2g,2y
    Birdie chance but no hit edge of the cup and lipped out to just 3" from the hole 4g
    Easy tap in (with only letter that could fit) for a par 4 5g

Still 4 over for the round
    Trying to wrack my brain but having two problems TBH. 1. Didn't play many SY courses 2. Memory is sh!t.

Phoenix G.C?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CT Milller/CAM, can we please have a leaderboard update.
    Brin, I thought I would do a Leaderboard update at the half way mark - after the 9th hole tomorrow. I’m keeping a daily tally.

Page 230 of 768 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast