+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Andrew Dallas 11 match thread and roll call etc

I think something's wrong with the appeals system when Rangers can appeal as blatant a red card as that.

How about changing it so that...

1) the appeal takes place the next day so none of this rubbish that means the player is then allowed to play the next game whilst awaiting the result of the appeal. All that's involved surely is a panel watching video footage of the incident from different angles - it can't take much more than 10 minutes to make a decision.

2) the panel is not just a couple of referees who are likely useless or bent - it should be a bigger panel or a panel of refs from another country - they watch the footage (online rather than having to actually meet up), and vote on the outcome. The results of the vote are published for everyone to see.

3) if the appeal is thrown out and the red card stands, the player's ban should be increased by 1 match as an extra penalty for the appealing club wasting everyone's time.

Introduce those three rules and we'll see these senseless appeals stopping. Rangers and Celtic can just appeal everything because they don't care about the money. It's yet another unfair advantage they have over everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Really?????
    Stewart on the right was very efferective.
    to the point that Slippy G put on another defender (LB as well) to cover him

We dominated the whole of the second half and only scored when we were throwing everything to get an equaliser

Lowe wasn't the issue last night, neither was Considine.
    Considine was maybe a little in no-mans land for the second when he handed over Candeias to Hoban and went to close down Kent as he waltzed through our midfield (understandable given he waltzed across our defence for the first)
    Logan was poor and didn't do enough. He was marking Kent predominantly, not Candeias.
    I think Stewart payed ok on the right wing in the second half but this is not his best position, but where Deek persistantly played him last season to poor effect. He is far better played behind the main striker where he has the vision to pick a pass and score. That is what he did so well at Killie in the first half of the season. It will be interesting to see where he plays on Sunday.

They've appealed the red card?

Well they've got a point I suppose.
    After all, he only scraped his studs down the inside of McKenna's thigh taking time for a couple of stamps where it hurts most followed by flinging himself on the ground holding his face.

If I had a face like that I would probably be trying to cover it too.

I wasn't at the game but saw the incident a few times on the telly and I can't for the life of me see what McKenna did to get sent off.

People have said he had a kick at him so I have to believe them.

If he had done that to me I would have kicked his f'uckin head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think something's wrong with the appeals system when Rangers can appeal as blatant a red card as that.

1) the appeal takes place the next day so none of this rubbish that means the player is then allowed to play the next game whilst awaiting the result of the appeal. All that's involved surely is a panel watching video footage of the incident from different angles - it can't take much more than 10 minutes to make a decision.

Introduce those three rules and we'll see these senseless appeals stopping. Rangers and Celtic can just appeal everything because they don't care about the money. It's yet another unfair advantage they have over everyone else.
    To be fair the hearing is today so Sevco’s cynical attempt to ensure Harvey can play vs Killie while awaiting an appeal has failed.

I think they appealed mainly as a flyer to try and make sure he was free to play. They are completely reliant on that mong these days. The SFA have stopped that one in its tracks.

That said, there’s every chance the appeal will be upheld given the nonsense that’s already occurred this year so the Huns will see anything worth an appeal given what they have got away with so far.

Justice would see the appeal thrown out and the molester cited & given a 2 match ban for his assault on Ferguson.

So expect the complete opposite to happen then...

I can see it being overturned as it was not excessive force, the same reason his kick at McKenna in the first game of the season got overturned.
    He is a cheating hun ****, but that was not what he got sent off for.

I also very much doubt McGregor will get cited.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you that the motivational thing is a load of nonsense.

The point I was making was why on earth would the club put pictures on the walls of a semi final win,it’s a bit odd.
    Aye, it is a bit pathetic to be honest. Pictures of us beating Real Madrid or Bayern Munich is what should be up there, not pictures of winning a league cup semi against a team that's finished below us every year since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I can see it being overturned as it was not excessive force, the same reason his kick at McKenna in the first game of the season got overturned.
    He is a cheating hun ****, but that was not what he got sent off for.

I also very much doubt McGregor will get cited.
    I agree with this unfortunately. I also think if that is given Mckenna should be allowed to drag his studs over the nuts of the panel members, if they see it as not being enough force to cause harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

2) the panel is not just a couple of referees who are likely useless or bent - it should be a bigger panel or a panel of refs from another country - they watch the footage (online rather than having to actually meet up), and vote on the outcome. The results of the vote are published for everyone to see.

3) if the appeal is thrown out and the red card stands, the player's ban should be increased by 1 match as an extra penalty for the appealing club wasting everyone's time.

Bans can already be extended if the appeal is seen as frivolous. I don't think the rules are the problem, the problem is the intent to implement them even-handedly. As long as we have the current set up Rangers and Celtic will always get the benefit of whatever rules are put in place.

I'll eat my hat if Morelos doesn't win his appeal. In a normal country he woud have no chance, but here it will be sorted out with a couple of funny handshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I think Stewart payed ok on the right wing in the second half but this is not his best position, but where Deek persistantly played him last season to poor effect. He is far better played behind the main striker where he has the vision to pick a pass and score. That is what he did so well at Killie in the first half of the season. It will be interesting to see where he plays on Sunday.
    I think that DM wants the three behind Cosgrove to interchange with each other throughout the game.
    I agree, Stewart in the hole between the lines is very effective, but there was many occasions in the first half of the season that he used his close control and skills to cut in along the byeline.

I’m looking forward to Sunday, it should be a good game for us.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast