+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I am going to use remainer logic to go on and say that 1 million people signed an Epetition to try to stop boris suspending parliament, from this fact i deduce that the other 49 million odd people agree with what he did and are in full support of a no deal brexit.
    You know how brexiteers are often portrayed by some as being as thick as pigsh!t, comments like this only strengthen their case.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You know how brexiteers are often portrayed by some as being as thick as pigsh!t, comments like this only strengthen their case.
    Get a sense of humour

Get a sense of humour
    Don't worry, I had to change my incontinence pad pissing myself laughing at your attempt at humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't worry, I had to change my incontinence pad pissing myself laughing at your attempt at humour.
    I know it's not nice losing but some of you lot could at least try to do it gracefully

I know it's not nice losing but some of you lot could at least try to do it gracefully
    What, like some leavers could have been gracious in victory?

That's the problem, the likely outcome leaves us all as losers. Still, with Boris at the helm those who can afford it most will be the ones who suffer the least.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What, like some leavers could have been gracious in victory?
    Maybe we would have been but you've spent all this time whinging and complaining that its not fair and you want your ball back and trying to deny us the victory that it feels quite nice rubbing your nose in defeat. I know it is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Maybe we would have been but you've spent all this time whinging and complaining that its not fair and you want your ball back and trying to deny us the victory that it feels quite nice rubbing your nose in defeat. I know it is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
    Hmmm, I think you may be suffering from premature ejaculation when you talk about your "victory". It might be worthwhile checking your underwear to find the source of your warm and fuzzy feeling.

A reminder from 2013:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21148282

In his long-awaited speech, welcomed by many Conservative MPs, Mr Cameron pledged to hold a referendum during the early part of the next parliament - by the end of 2017 at the latest - if the Conservatives win the next general election.

He said it would be a decision on the UK's "destiny" and, if he secured a new relationship he was happy with, he would campaign "heart and soul" to stay within the EU.

"It is time for the British people to have their say," he said. "It is time to settle this European question in British politics. I say to the British people: this will be your decision."

However, Mr Cameron did not spell out what powers he would like to see the UK take back as part of a new settlement or what would happen if the negotiations did not go his way.
    So surprise surprise, the opportunity to have a say on EU by voting in Cameron was taken up, he won, the referendum was held, and now too many don't want to honour the result.

Well they should have voted Lib Dems or Labour then. Why didn't they? Why was UKIP getting so much attention. This is 6 years back, more. We were still a league club, not only league but League 1.

Go BoJo Go, get us out of here.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 30-08-2019 at 09:52 PM. Reason: the = they corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Well they should have voted Lib Dems or Labour then. Why didn't they?
    Probably because both parties merely offered the same level of incompetence as the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Why was UKIP getting so much attention.
    Probably because the hypocritical loudmouth they had as a leader attracted headlines, and the Tommy Robinson supporting knuckle draggers found a home. A more pertinent question today is why are UKIP, when they are a single issue party and that single issue occupies a huge slice of the news, getting so little attention?

Page 24 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast