+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I estimate our chances of promotion via the playoffs at about 10% - in other words forget it.

What worries me more is what will happen next season, assuming our best players leave, we could be really struggling.
    We need to perform like we have for 95% of the season, defend properly and have the luck that every successful team needs, and I would rate our changes much higher than 10%.

The fans also need to approach the playoffs with some optimism. This is our best chance yet of promotion from the NL, with our best team at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If someone had said before the game that we would get two goals at Wrexham, we would have taken it and hoped for at least a draw. Fine margins decided the game, but as we've said all season, there are defensive lessons we need to learn if we want to get the promotion we deserve, and now it will probably have to be through the play-offs.

Basically, aside from the defence getting caught on the turn too often, Cameron' efforts to stop the final ball in for the first and second goals just weren't good enough, and the third goal was a farce - God knows what Bajrami was trying to do. Some will say that's harsh, but I think it's fair. These are the minor details that made the difference today.
    Being harsh is what defines the difference between average and exceptional. Don't get me wrong we have been exceptional this season, unfortunately not today.

"We need to perform like we have for 95% of the season"

With respect our excellent results have been when we are up against some very poor opposition. Unfortunately that will not be the case (like today) in the playoffs. Notts endless defensive mistakes will be punished.

With respect our excellent results have been when we are up against some very poor opposition. Unfortunately that will not be the case (like today) in the playoffs. Notts endless defensive mistakes will be punished.
    What like beating Wrexham 1-0 and winning away at Chesterfield/Woking ???

You don’t get 100 points by not beating good sides

Let's hope we manage to score enough goals for it not to be a problem then.

I think Saturday's match against Woking will tell us a lot more about the playoffs than today's game. We need to be up for it and not feeling sorry for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

Think they are trying to say we are susceptible under pressure, which is a fair point.

Of course the playoffs will be tough but I'd like to point out that we've literally not lost to a single team in the playoffs, nor Bromley, and we only have Woking yet to play. We've beaten most of them and have scored at least twice in a game against every team except Bromley. And we will only have to play against two of them at most, and will have a big crowd backing us for both games.

I get today is a tough day and that we can't be complacent but this season factually and unarguably remains the best chance we've had at promotion since we lost to Harrogate. I would argue it's the best chance since we've been in this league. All to play for, let's get behind the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

We were very lucky.

We were very lucky.
    To get to 100 points you aren’t lucky.

It’s gone now and with it being fairly early players and staff can mentally get ready for play offs.
    They need to use today as a positive in how we overcome how teams will target ourweaknesses.
    The issue also today is they nullified Ruben, which nullified Nemane and then we cant stretch teams down the left the same. I would like to see Jones get a crack at LWB at times. I know Vincents done well, but if we’re chasing a game against quality opposition I don’t think Chicks or Vincent are the answer.

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast