+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League 2023-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Question for Brin regarding the fixtures selected. Why do you almost always include early kick-offs in your choice of fixtures?
    Nez, that's easy pal. If you've noticed this season, SKY and the FA dictate who kicks off when to fill the screens from early lunchtime to as late as 8pm on a Saturday night.

Add to this the fact the Premiership is on a two week winter break and it makes it difficult for me to spread the games across four Leagues. If you noticed last weekend, there was even a Championship early kick off. The biggest factor though, is I give everyone at least three days notice to get their predictions in. I can't be any fairer than that.

I notice there has been a pandering to the faint of heart and we have never been included in the fixtures this season. Go on Brin, at least put us in the Predict a score frame. Rotherham v Southampton would be a good one

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I notice there has been a pandering to the faint of heart and we have never been included in the fixtures this season. Go on Brin, at least put us in the Predict a score frame. Rotherham v Southampton would be a good one
    Clarkey has always begged me not to so as not embarrass our beloved team.

BTW, I've just tried to call you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nez, that's easy pal. If you've noticed this season, SKY and the FA dictate who kicks off when to fill the screens from early lunchtime to as late as 8pm on a Saturday night.

Add to this the fact the Premiership is on a two week winter break and it makes it difficult for me to spread the games across four Leagues. If you noticed last weekend, there was even a Championship early kick off. The biggest factor though, is I give everyone at least three days notice to get their predictions in. I can't be any fairer than that.

But why do you have to include these games Brin, I don't understand mate? Don't get me wrong, you're doing a brilliant job with the prediction league, but it doesn't make any sense to me why you include these early kick-offs when you could pick all 3-o-clock games. This is not a moan, just asking a question.

But why do you have to include these games Brin, I don't understand mate? Don't get me wrong, you're doing a brilliant job with the prediction league, but it doesn't make any sense to me why you include these early kick-offs when you could pick all 3-o-clock games. This is not a moan, just asking a question.
    It's so he can watch the games before he heads out to NYS as he has voodoo dolls of many of the players and uses them to influence the results in favour of his PL predictions. Believe me he'll stop at nothing to win it

Nez, I'm absolutely puzzled as to why early kick offs grate you so much?

How many years have you been doing the PL?

How many seasons have I included early kick offs with no one else questioning this?

How many days notice do I give to everyone in order to get their predictions in on time?

Again, like I said, I try to include ALL four Leagues. If I ignored early kick offs you'd be seeing hardly any Prem games just the other three. The format works okay with everyone else I don't even remotely understand what point you're trying to say pal???

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's so he can watch the games before he heads out to NYS as he has voodoo dolls of many of the players and uses them to influence the results in favour of his PL predictions. Believe me he'll stop at nothing to win it
    .......they're certainly working on you this season ......

You and everyone have a chance to put your points across in the PL summer AGM,some ideas gets pushback,but some have ideas that are tweaked to become good,and there is just some good ideas…we have to keep evolving,if we stand still we go backwards ..that’s my manager metaphor for today..🤣..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nez, I'm absolutely puzzled as to why early kick offs grate you so much?

How many years have you been doing the PL?

How many seasons have I included early kick offs with no one else questioning this?

How many days notice do I give to everyone in order to get their predictions in on time?

Again, like I said, I try to include ALL four Leagues. If I ignored early kick offs you'd be seeing hardly any Prem games just the other three. The format works okay with everyone else I don't even remotely understand what point you're trying to say pal???

Ha-ha, it's not "grating" me at all. Like I said, "it's not a moan, just asking a question". I don't give a toss if you include ten early kick-offs, but I just can't understand why they would be included at all, there's no reasoning in it as far as I can see. In the past I've almost forgot to get my predictions in and posted late and had to leave one or two games out because they'd already kicked off. Anyway, forget that I ever asked the question because it seems to have ruffled your feathers a bit and that wasn't my intention. Sorry!

Ha-ha, it's not "grating" me at all. Like I said, "it's not a moan, just asking a question". I don't give a toss if you include ten early kick-offs, but I just can't understand why they would be included at all, there's no reasoning in it as far as I can see. In the past I've almost forgot to get my predictions in and posted late and had to leave one or two games out because they'd already kicked off. Anyway, forget that I ever asked the question because it seems to have ruffled your feathers a bit and that wasn't my intention. Sorry!
    Nez, I find your reply a little vitriolic in that you 'don't give a toss'? Like Clarkey said, I put it out there way before the season kicked off asking for ideas. Come the next one, add that yourself as a pointer and see what everyone else says, either way if others agree, then I will remove the early kick offs but for this season they will stay if deemed necessary to run through four leagues.

You say yourself, you've almost forgot to get your predictions in and posted late and had to leave one or two games out because they'd already kicked off. I think this is the underlying reason why you've raised the point on early kick offs. Might I politely suggest you post as soon as I've posted them, like today? Not telling you what to do just being helpful.

Can we please move on now and put this to bed.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast