+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 248 of 349 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I have not said that they changed them I said they are trying to change them.
    What changes, who is trying to change them and how are they doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The side of the bus said " we send £350 million to the EU" That statement was perfectly true We do /did send £350million to the EU
    What happens from then is not stated so where's the lie? It may not be the whole story but it is not a lie
    I will repeat in case someone thinks I am a Boris supporter, I am not
    Actually it is not true but it was never meant to be taken as true it was meant to be taken as to where the starting point was. and as a starting point it is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    What changes, who is trying to change them and how are they doing it?
    Go look for yourself mate you have an answer for everything else.

No I would not be telling lies because the scenario you making is not what happens in the EU and never has. It is a question that has no truth to it.
    Let me try it another way.

Suppose you join a gym where the annual fee is £350, but you get a life time discount of £100 pa and you also get a cashback deal of £70 pa.

1. How much are you paying per year?

2. Will you be £350 per year better off if you cancel your membership?

Actually it is not true but it was never meant to be taken as true it was meant to be taken as to where the starting point was. and as a starting point it is 100% true.
    Was there small print on the side of the bus that said: This is not true and not mean to be taken as true?

Let me try it another way.

Suppose you join a gym where the annual fee is £350, but you get a life time discount of £100 pa and you also get a cashback deal of £70 pa.

1. How much are you paying per year?

2. Will you be £350 per year better off if you cancel your membership?
    It is irrelevant of how much I get off if the annual fee is £350 then £350 is where the deal starts off. That is why they do not say that the Annual fee is £180 per year.

Was there small print on the side of the bus that said: This is not true and not mean to be taken as true?
    No, but neither did it say this is the truth either.

Is KerrAvon actually saying that politicians should be sued for lying?

In which case shouldn't May and Osborne to name but two be up on multiple charges?

You are as thick as pig **** mate.
    Not as thick as me though eh? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Very young nation remember All White immigration policy ended mid 70's ie 50 years ago
    Just 100 years earlier Britain was leading the world in black slave trading & many of our ruling classes still enjoy the fruits of their ancestors ill gotten gains when the British Gov't of the day actually compensated them from public funds for "loss of earnings"
    Scary isn't it?
    What is frightening is these ideologies are re-igniting today. Brexit is playing a central role.

There is talk of an international white populist alliance. Farage is Chair of a group that includes extreme right wing parties in the EU Parliament. There is a video of Bannon saying Farage would be the ideal person to head up an international group linking right wing groups worldwide. Farage stays clear of these groups on a strategic rather than ideolistic level.* Dear old Tommy Robinson, the peoples favourite, gets financial backing from from extreme right wing groups in the US and Australia and agitates in the UK.

The movement plays on fears of immigration. They create uncertainty within a country and split the nation. Britain is a classic case. The fear is around free movement within the EU. The Brexit campaign lumped in immigration from around the World (Muslims, economic migrants coming over in boats from North Africa, the camps in Calais, asylum seekers from the Syrian war and terrorist attacks).

Britain is divided around EU membership. The people are split, Parliament is split, the main political parties are split. With May going, the door is wide open for a right winger to become leader of the Cons and head up an independent country. There is no serious opposition. Rees Moggs ERG is sitting in the wings of the Tory Party. The country is ripe for a lurch to the right. Dangerous times in my opinion.

Page 248 of 349 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast