+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    dont understand why you think you can preach to us about things of which you know absolutely NOTHING WTF11? i mean, i have a frame of reference, i watch spanish football ffs! i know who he is, i know hes world class and have an informed opinion. You know jacksh1t, but have decided hes not good enough.
    What a tool.
    I go to most of Valencia's home matches I can indeed confirm that this guy is class

So he mustve been ****in sh1t when lazio signed him, going by your wierd rationales, no?
    Errr, why would you come to that conclusion? We bought Gelhardt from Wigan for what is rumoured to be £1m, if he turns out to be half as good as folks believe him to be, he will be worth more. I don't have a problem with a club seeing a bargain and going for it, where the player has potential and they "fit" with what we need at the time (and in the future). I DO have a problem with buying a player who is "class" where he plays, but where he plays isn't representative of where he will be expected to play, who has been subject to recent injuries with no game time to demonstrate full recovery, and is, without seeming to be ageist, getting towards the end of a career for an attacker (only 4 years younger than Pablo, who we know isn't going to play full 90 minutes games throughout the season.

So no, I don't think Immobile was sh1te when Lazio bought him, they bought him at a bargain price to do what he needed to do in the relevant league at the relevant time, well done them. Please direct me at a player we have acquired in the last 10 years, (not even the last 2), who has given us that kind of return on investment?

Ryan Kent rumour isn't going away.

Sam Greenwood confirmed.Another one for the future..can't wait for the future

So, now weve reached the prem, you want us to buy lads who might be good now, or in the future, rather than buying proven class for proper money?
    This is despite you preaching the ABSOLUTE opposite of this to us day after day, month after month year after year!
    FFS! you couldnt make this up! sure your not just a troll?

So, now weve reached the prem, you want us to buy lads who might be good now, or in the future, rather than buying proven class for proper money?
    This is despite you preaching the ABSOLUTE opposite of this to us day after day, month after month year after year!
    FFS! you couldnt make this up! sure your not just a troll?
    Have tbh, I would agree with WTF in the following regard.

I would prefer to sign players that are coming into or are in their prime, where their transfer value is likely to increase.

Not sure where Rid fits into this, hopefully will turn out to be the class signing we hope for and transfer fee will soon be forgotten.

29 is in your prime.

I assume we all want to stay up which means signing better players - I don’t see how anyone can argue Rodrigo does not fall into the (much) better player category.

29 is in your prime.
    Jimenez 29, Aguero 32, Aubameyang 32, Giroud 33, Vardy 33

Hernandez 35

If Rodrigo has anywhere near the impact Pablo has in his early 30s then that wouldn’t be half bad.

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)