+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. AFC Wimbledon 25.11.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Don't be so reasonable. The reaction to yesterday is quite embarrassing...
    The reactions of some including myself are not embarrassing. It's not based on expectation either
    It's built out of frustration really. Seeing the same players make the same errors week in week out and clearly not being addressed. I just think like many have said, we probably have 2 defenders that can consistently perform at this level playing this style of football
    The responsibility on the attacking players creating and scoring goals is massive. It must be demoralizing for these players for all their hardwork and creativity to be undone week in week out by sloppy defending
    It's ok saying we are 6th but that doesn't tell the whole story. We are easy pickings for any team that does their homework on us

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    The reactions of some including myself are not embarrassing. It's not based on expectation either
    It's built out of frustration really. Seeing the same players make the same errors week in week out and clearly not being addressed. I just think like many have said, we probably have 2 defenders that can consistently perform at this level playing this style of football
    The responsibility on the attacking players creating and scoring goals is massive. It must be demoralizing for these players for all their hardwork and creativity to be undone week in week out by sloppy defending
    It's ok saying we are 6th but that doesn't tell the whole story. We are easy pickings for any team that does their homework on us
    Our system and style hugely benefits the attacking players though if we played a more defensive style we'd let in less and probably not score as many.

In short we are not going to change anything yet as we are doing well so far and its a big sample size to go on 19/46 games.

We may not have been found out as some keep saying I think we were given nice fixtures first 10-12 games but nobody knows that at the start of the season.

The top 3 imo is likely to be who is there now but away games arent that easy as 2 of them lost yesterday.

As long as we are in around 6-8th in Jan we can then take it from there.

It isn’t hard homework either….

“Play the ball in behind the high line and get them running towards their own goal. Take advantage of the ensuing carnage between their own players and slide the ball in the onion bag”

Those tactics will get at least one good chance a game.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Our system and style hugely benefits the attacking players though if we played a more defensive style we'd let in less and probably not score as many.

In short we are not going to change anything yet as we are doing well so far and its a big sample size to go on 19/46 games.

I agree this, but it's not the build up play from the back that's the problem and don't think it needs changing. What we need is personnel who can play this style and actually defend too
    Baldwin can and from what i'm seen of macari he can too, but that's it

I agree this, but it's not the build up play from the back that's the problem and don't think it needs changing. What we need is personnel who can play this style and actually defend too
    I think Chicksen and Cameron can too our problem is the back 3 changes alot due to injuries/bans that doesnt help.

Id play McCari Baldwin Cameron/Chicksen we can argue some not good enough but its what we have.

We do have weaknesses and it is our defending I agree but teams dont seem to be able to stop us scoring so we arent easy to play against.

Yesterday we were awful and should been 4-0 down at HT but last week we battered Bradford and it was the reverse.

Im just glad we arent in a relegation battle.

The fatc that 0nly two teams have scored more and two teams have conceded more than us so far sums up our style and game plan. At least the matches are entertaining even if they can be frustrating at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We just have to hang in there until Jan and see where we are hopefully still in the top 7.
    As depressing as the manner of the defeats this season have been, 77's comment is all we can do. Fingers crossed we are still in striking distance of automatics and manage to strengthen in the right areas (I was am still astounded that the weakness in the defence was not adressed in the close season but that's history).

I agree.
    Our last 10 league games have resulted in 4 wins - 1 draw - 5 defeats. 3 of those defeats have come in the last 4 games.
    Still, we only have another 6 league games to play before the transfer window opens.
    And then another 5 before it closes.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 26-11-2023 at 01:19 PM.

But, why was Macari dropped in the first place????

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    But, why was Macari dropped in the first place????
    Well that's a bit of a head scratcher isn't it?
    The only thing i can think of is that LW wanted to give Brindley minutes knowing Macari is only here till Jan

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast