+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Bit harsh on me, although I keep on with the wild predictions each week so fair enough lol
    It's hard to take anyone who predicts us to score 5 goals seriously

Bit harsh on me, although I keep on with the wild predictions each week so fair enough lol
    I was referring to the main protagonists, you and Ramshank are imo in the MA category (yes apart from some appalling predictions)

I will admit I'm no expert but it doesn't seem a bad little budget in isolation. But it's a bit like trying to repair the hole the iceberg made in the titanic with a piece of blutac. The damage is done and they don't financially have the tools to really win people over.
    I do think the gradual removal of employee's NI is a good thing, its been decades since it lost its purpose and its just another tax on income now, and one that countless administrations have played tunes on/with, so having a single 'income tax' would help clarity going forward. And I say that as someone who has no income to which NI applies, so it doesn't even benefit me, I just think its a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol! So now you’re holding up GBNews - the most politically motivated and biased broadcasting organisation of all time - as an arbiter of truth and a ‘watchdog’ for the BBC. That truly is ‘surreal’.
    I did fact check this last night and GB News/TTR are in essence correct

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I did fact check this last night and GB News/TTR are in essence correct
    I knew it was Andy. Though my point was more about why the media don't cover it. From the BBC and the papers
    RA was a classic example of the ostrich syndome and die in ignorance club.

I refuse to listen/watch/ discuss anything that comes from that source. Even though no one else wants to report on it for their own political agendas.

Disgusting, it has come to this. Free speech even dictated by the news, by censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I knew it was Andy. Though my point was more about why the media don't cover it. From the BBC and the papers
    RA was a classic example of the ostrich syndome and die in ignorance club.

I refuse to listen/watch/ discuss anything that comes from that source. Even though no one else wants to report on it for their own political agendas.

Disgusting, it has come to this. Free speech even dictated by the news, by censorship.
    Sorry that’s the fact checking I did - that BBC covered / made a point about the original events, appear less keen to do the same when the truth emerges

My ‘issue’ is almost always about media manipulation from any source, I have more of an issue when BBC do it because they are doing it at my expense. I think GB News, shouty as it is (a bit like you) is becoming an interesting foil for some of the more biased reporting elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry that’s the fact checking I did - that BBC covered / made a point about the original events, appear less keen to do the same when the truth emerges

My ‘issue’ is almost always about media manipulation from any source, I have more of an issue when BBC do it because they are doing it at my expense. I think GB News, shouty as it is (a bit like you) is becoming an interesting foil for some of the more biased reporting elsewhere
    The truth is what we all need and deserve. As said, this is an election year and every issue counts.
    I am sick to death of elements of media, reporting only on what they "feel we need to know or what suits their bias" . The BBC is a classic of jump on the bang wagon and this is a case of them trumpetting something, which blew up in their face.

NB, for RA.

How can you judge anything, that you don't even watch/read?
    You tust the BBC/Guardian, yet they get caught out regularly with bias and bendy truths.
    Surely, it is better to assimulate all and make your own mind up. I read your Guardian as well as the Sun and others. Sure I don't watch live BBC, but I do the rounds with them off youtube.

Let me tell you with GB news. Lets say they were having a discussion on immigration. You would have someone from the right opposing it and someone from the left defending it, as well as a middle person. Now how many times can you see the BBC do that? I stopped watching question time, because of their panel bias leaning.

OH RA, I know sometimes the topics you don't like crop up, simply because they are not complete Tory bashing, which suits you.
    But my "rants" as you call them, erupted after, Parliament got its nickers in a twist, over Labour MP's rebelling over a ceasefire, Starmer doing the honkey cokey to avoid a riot and the SNP + Torys behaving like kids. All over an issue thousands of miles away from the country.
    In the meantime, the speaker was hung out to dry, a Bye election was hijacked, all for the same reason Of Islamic sectarianism.

the rhetoric has been stepped up from crime/ grooming etc, into the push for an Islamic presence in the way the country is run. It is very relevant thank you very much- an election is coming.

You had better get used to it as well. Blair allowed the influx to begin, in the hope of swelling his electorate coffers. It is now about to blow up in Labours face, as more Independents stand and Muslim regions turn to them. It won;t be long before a proper Muslim issue party comes along , with over 5 million Muslim votes to chase.

Your last bye election. a Labour stong hold- no mention of tax/ NHS/ green/ jobs/ cost of living. GAZA, YES GAZA was the main selling point. Islam issues first?
    If that isn't relevant I don't know what is. If you want to slag populists off and GB news for showing it, then do so. But don't ignore the problem, because its real, jyust the same as immigration will be a main topic in the election.

Swale calls me a xenophobe? That makes me laugh. a person having a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
    I'm all over the place, had a native Canadian Indian girlfriend and currently engaged to a Thai. Yearh, I hate foreigners lol.

Fact for you- this country has taken in more people of the last 25 years, than it did over the last 2000 years.
    I don't dislike immigration, but I do dislike mass immigration, it's destroying the country. The last Brexit vote was was fought on that.
    Pity the Tories forgot that.

You may not like it either,
    Tricky, I don’t ‘bash Tories’…I may often disagree with the decent ones but in a constructive way. For the record, I do dislike what the Tory Party has become over recent times and I do detest the extreme Right.

What Swale ‘calls’ you has got absolutely nothing to do with me. He has his ways, I have mine…we often agree politically…we sometimes engage in unnecessarily angry disagreement about DCFC…end of.

You seem to have a sudden liking for figures so here’s some which I hope will provide a perspective for you.

At the moment an estimated 6.5% of the population are Muslim which of course means that 93.5% are not. I know it seems different in places like Tower Hamlets and Bradford because of the inclination for cultural communities (Chinese, Jewish, British ex pats abroad and Muslims etc) to group together…but the fact is, just 6.5% of the UK’s population is Muslim.

In 2020 the Centre of Expertise on Child S@xual Abuse reported that 89% of offenders are White, 6% are Asian and 3% are Black.

You may not like the figures above but feel free to have them fact checked.

Btw…statistics also show that 99% of child abusers are male. By your recent logic that doesn’t reflect too well on you, me or the rest of this forum does it?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-03-2024 at 10:18 AM.

The truth is what we all need and deserve. As said, this is an election year and every issue counts.
    I am sick to death of elements of media, reporting only on what they "feel we need to know or what suits their bias" . The BBC is a classic of jump on the bang wagon and this is a case of them trumpetting something, which blew up in their face.

NB, for RA.

How can you judge anything, that you don't even watch/read?
    You tust the BBC/Guardian, yet they get caught out regularly with bias and bendy truths.
    Surely, it is better to assimulate all and make your own mind up. I read your Guardian as well as the Sun and others. Sure I don't watch live BBC, but I do the rounds with them off youtube.

Let me tell you with GB news. Lets say they were having a discussion on immigration. You would have someone from the right opposing it and someone from the left defending it, as well as a middle person. Now how many times can you see the BBC do that? I stopped watching question time, because of their panel bias leaning.
    ‘How can you judge anything that you don’t even watch/read?’ - followed five lines later by - ‘I stopped watching Question Time, because of their panel bias leaning.’ Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky, I don’t ‘bash Tories’…I may often disagree with the decent ones but in a constructive way. For the record, I do dislike what the Tory Party has become over recent times and I do detest the extreme Right.

What Swale ‘calls’ you has got absolutely nothing to do with me. He has his ways, I have mine…we often agree politically…we sometimes engage in unnecessarily angry disagreement about DCFC…end of.

You seem to have a sudden liking for figures so here’s some which I hope will provide a perspective for you.

At the moment an estimated 6.5% of the population are Muslim which of course means that 93.5% are not. I know it seems different in places like Tower Hamlets and Bradford because of the inclination for cultural communities (Chinese, Jewish, British ex pats abroad and Muslims etc) to group together…but the fact is, just 6.5% of the UK’s population is Muslim.

In 2020 the Centre of Expertise on Child S@xual Abuse reported that 89% of offenders are White, 6% are Asian and 3% are Black.

You may not like the figures above but feel free to have them fact checked.

Btw…statistics also show that 99% of child abusers are male. By your recent logic that doesn’t reflect too well on you, me or the rest of this forum does it?
    I identify as a female water buffalo, so don't drag me into your poorly reflected group

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)