+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer Rumour & Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree Shads. Settling into a foreign country is never easy. Mads took time as you correctly alluded to but he came in for some stick in that first season if I remember correctly. Hope it doesn't happen to this lad. I also hope he's better than our last French import at center aif, a certain Jean Eves Mvoto
    Good shout , I have Mvoto in my all time worst eleven which is an actual achievement , in watching them for over 60 years trust me I have seen some dross so to get in my worst eleven takes some doing !!!!

I heard they've transferred/released so many to lower the wage bill. Hopefully he does well and relegation wasn't just the fault of a leaky defence.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree Shads. Settling into a foreign country is never easy. Mads took time as you correctly alluded to but he came in for some stick in that first season if I remember correctly. Hope it doesn't happen to this lad. I also hope he's better than our last French import at center aif, a certain Jean Eves Mvoto
    As well as the new country/ club/culture factor I think Andersen struggled at first because he was alongside Diaby and other inexperienced players Conway had thrown at Stendel.

Andersen needed to learn by playing alongside calm, experienced professionals like Solbauer and Helik. I am not sure this French lad will have that benefit. I wouldn't class Kitching to be as good as those two as a mentor/ teacher/ role model for the lad.

Announcement of signing, which will be described as "exciting", expected today (Thursday) assuming Ahmad has got it over the line. He had a year left on his contract at Nimes but was identified as one of the 18 they needed to let go so a reasonably small fee, £250K ?, plus sh1t wages, may be involved, though, of course, it will be "undisclosed".

Welcome to Oakwell Mael.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-08-2023 at 04:26 AM.

The French CB from Nimes must be having the traditional long French lunchtime.

Photograph doing the twitter, or should that be X, rounds of Norwood supposedly being at Oldham. Not sure if it's fake or not, but it seems odd that no official media outlet have said anything about it if true. I do hope its fake news this late in the day, season start wise.

Doug O’Kane

I have seen the pictures of James Norwood at Oldham Athletic today. I believe the move is very close.

Meanwhile, the Reds are closing in on a new centre-back signing.

That Norwood move, if true, would go down as one of the all time classics in BFC transfer history, two days before the season starts.

Spectemur Agendo

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That Norwood move, if true, would go down as one of the all time classics in BFC transfer history, two days before the season starts.

Spectemur Agendo
    It was true.

Classic news management will surely see the "good news" of marquee signing CB Mael De Gevigney today (Friday).

O’Kane.

BARNSLEY are set to bolster their defence with French centre-back Maël de Gevigney.
    The 23-year-old began his career at fourth-tier Versailles before moving to Nimes last summer.
    He played 31 games as they were relegated from Ligue 2, the second tier.
    The move is thought to be extremely close and could possibly be announced today.

It is possible they could also sign another centre-back later in the transfer window.
    Barnsley have also been linked with Austrian centre-back Felix Strauß but the Chronicle understands there has been no contact with him or his club Rheindorf Altach.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It was true.

Classic news management will surely see the "good news" of marquee signing CB Mael De Gevigney today (Friday).
    A full time pro for less than 12 months apparently as the French lower leagues are part time .

Welcome to Oakwell Mael .

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast