+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind!
    The Guardian is my go to online paper and I like it alot especially Barney Ronays articles. The only thing I think let's it down sometimes are there are too many 'I'm the victim' pieces. Yes life is crap sometimes and also sometimes we have to take personal responsibility. It's not always other people's fault. Apart from that it's the best publication by far.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    No-one reads it now so you'll have to take my word for it.
    Is that your word or the word of the mumsnet community?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The Guardian is my go to online paper and I like it alot especially Barney Ronays articles. The only thing I think let's it down sometimes are there are too many 'I'm the victim' pieces. Yes life is crap sometimes and also sometimes we have to take personal responsibility. It's not always other people's fault. Apart from that it's the best publication by far.
    Totally agree with every word, especially about Barney Ronay. Brilliant writer and brilliant way of looking at sport - admiring its beauty while keeping a sense of perspective.

I still chuckle when I remember the articles (there were a few) he wrote about Andy Carroll's header in the Euros a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Do you remember the fuss on here when a Grauniad reporter started digging into Munto? He was vilified by members of this board until it became clear that he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    Do you remember the fuss on here when a Grauniad reporter started digging into Munto? He was vilified by members of this board until it became clear that he was right.
    Still think there's a chance we might have got the investment had that Fword fan kept his nose out. Ours (& svens) reputation was damaged beyond repair largely thanks to him. That's not to defend Russell King or to suggest that we wouldn't have been in a mess, but I don't think that journalist helped us one bit, nor gave a **** what happened to us afterwards. We ended up with The Trews for god's sake.

Feel for Newcastle fans at the moment, regardless of the rights or wrongs.

For Newcastle fans, UTM, the choice is simple: devil or deep blue. I suppose it depends on whether or not they can swim.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    You can post as many pictures of the front page as you like - what Editor would lead with 'Vote Remain' in the Mail? There'd be so many left on the stands people would think it's the Grauniad.

The front and back covers are just four pages - I used to read the bit inside and could easily notice the creeping Europhillia.
    The cold, dead hand of Dacre in the Dead Tree Press. No-one reads it now so you'll have to take my word for it.

Fair play, outstanding. As an attempt to double down on a ridiculous story in the face of overwhelming evidence, that’s pretty good.

Have you thought of applying to become Boris Johnson’s chief adviser?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Still think there's a chance we might have got the investment had that Fword fan kept his nose out. Ours (& svens) reputation was damaged beyond repair largely thanks to him. That's not to defend Russell King or to suggest that we wouldn't have been in a mess, but I don't think that journalist helped us one bit, nor gave a **** what happened to us afterwards. We ended up with The Trews for god's sake.

Feel for Newcastle fans at the moment, regardless of the rights or wrongs.

It was a bloke called Matt Scott, but I think he’s an Arsenal fan. I hated him at the time, and clearly it was a bit of a scoop and he didn’t give a monkeys about us one way or the other. To be fair, it should have been a local journalist who picked it up, but they’re clearly useless.

Not sure what would have happened if the whole fiasco had carried on unmolested. It was only when Ray Trew took over that we got a decent manager in and won the league, so nothing would have been guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It was a bloke called Matt Scott, but I think he’s an Arsenal fan. I hated him at the time, and clearly it was a bit of a scoop and he didn’t give a monkeys about us one way or the other. To be fair, it should have been a local journalist who picked it up, but they’re clearly useless.

Not sure what would have happened if the whole fiasco had carried on unmolested. It was only when Ray Trew took over that we got a decent manager in and won the league, so nothing would have been guaranteed.
    Who knows, we might have been better off not going up in 2010 under a different owner, in the long run. I'm never going to subscribe to the idea that we should be grateful to that journalist though.

Do you mind - this is a political fred; please stop waffling on about football. Oh, hold on ...

Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast