+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Injustice and B T

I researched this BDS malarkey about three years ago for a Labour Party/Palestinian event.

When I got up to speak and quoted the source of information I was referring to, I pointed out it was hurting the Palestinian workers who provide a lot of the labour that goes into the goods which Israel exports.

Met with hushed silence. Sometimes...

Attachment 15127

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm sure the Israelis realised long ago that there could be no rapprochement with Hamas, Iran or any other Iranian sponsored terror organisation, and have proceeded accordingly. I've pointed out on numerous occasions the utter futility of the Iran/Hamas approach but still they persist, and still many in the West continue to encourage them down this dead end. You know the old definition of madness BT, but on and on they go, year after year firing rockets into Israel, too fecking thick to see that each rocket takes them just that little bit further away from where they would like to be. BDS is infantile but it does have some effect, whenever I buy my mejdool dates I always ensure they're from Israel.
    The Somme, Hamas and the sheer futility of nonsense...

Move him into the sun—
    Gently its touch awoke him once,
    At home, whispering of fields unsown.
    Always it woke him, even in France,
    Until this morning and this snow.
    If anything might rouse him now
    The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds—
    Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
    Are limbs so dear-achieved, are sides
    Full-nerved,—still warm,—too hard to stir?
    Was it for this the clay grew tall?
    —O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
    To break earth's sleep at all?

Wilfred Owen

Yes you are spot on there ! SodaStream which produces fizzy drinks company with a factory in an Israeli settlement in the West Bank. It employed 500 Palestinian workers.But since it has to move these people will loose their jobs!
    "SodaStream is a company that is not only committed to the environment but to building a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbours working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights.
    The SodaStream chief executive, Daniel Birnbaum, told the Forward he would never have established a production plant in a settlement if he could turn the clock back, saying its location had turned out to be "a pain in the ass". He inherited the factory when he became CEO in 2007. Birnbaum said he would not bow to pressure to close it out of loyalty to his 500 Palestinian employees, who would be unable to work at a new larger plant under construction inside Israel. "We will not throw our employees under the bus to promote anyone's political agenda," he said, adding that he "just can't see how it would help the cause of the Palestinians if we fired them".

Thank you BDS for making more jobs in Israel. If the SodaStream factory had stayed near Maale Adumim there would be more jobs for Palestinians. It shows how evil this hate-inspired movement is.

The Palestinians have become pawns in a very odious geopolitical game.( Post 269)
    ..... the Israelis just play the long game and keep on land grabbing and doing whatever they want. No UN outrage,

Can you supply an example of ''land grabbing.''

No UN outrage!! There would not be if Israel kept within the law. By the way, ''whose law''? International law? When some 55 States or Nations, have links ,or linked to the world of Islam. Then we know world politics is a dirty business, thats 55-0 before a vote is taken
    'Land grabbing' means we steal it !!! There are courts of Law ! If the Pallys have paperwork to show they bought that land,or proof? If not then its an illegal settlement. And really if you are dependent on grazing you could move from place to place it's useless buying land.

Maybe you don't know but some houses in Judea and Samaria belonged to Jews.
    The Hebron massacre refers to the killing of sixty-seven or sixty-nine Jews on 24 August 1929 in Hebron, then part of the British Mandatory Palestine, by Arabs incited to violence by rumors that Jews were planning to seize control of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The event also left scores seriously wounded or maimed.
    So peaceful was the city that only one British policeman guarded the entire city.

Following the attacks, the British High Commissioner Sir John Chancellor visited Hebron. He later wrote to his son, “The horror of it is beyond words. In one house I visited not less than twenty-five Jews men and women were murdered in cold blood.” Sir Walter Shaw concluded in The Palestine Disturbances report that “unspeakable atrocities have occurred in Hebron.”

Don't you think Balan, perhaps enough is enough?

''No, of course not, now if and when a government is formed, its just a case of when ,not how?

But your question should be like this,''Don't you think Hamas, perhaps enough is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post

''No, of course not, now if and when a government is formed, its just a case of when ,not how?

But your question should be like this,''Don't you think Hamas, perhaps enough is enough?
    I meant all round Balan. When does this hatred stop?

Innovative Light-Blade laser can cut down Hamas, Iranian attack drones (with Video )
    https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...-drones-619765

The laser uses a low-powered system, making it suitable for use in urban environments such as airports without the risk of blinding anyone in the area.

Last month, the team proved the efficacy of their system by downing explosive balloons traveling across the border from Gaza. The system was paired with Elbit’s SupervisIR threat detection system in the test, and operated by the Border Police. "We succeeded in downing everything that came within our field of fire," Ishaaya said.

I meant all round Balan. When does this hatred stop?......its not hatred it's just 'self defence',for us.

I have told you ,Iran wants to have the power in the M E,it does this by encouraging 'resistance through it's proxy's armies,Hamas, Hezbullah, and the Houthis.
    Stop the flow of cash and weapons coming from Iran, and the stage is set for peace ?
    If there are nights when all is quiet,when they do not fire rockets ,then we do not attack Gaza,

You never read what I write to you!! I told you to help them with their water supply Israel is running a 4th pipe line to the people of Gaza. The overriding challenge is to revive growth and alleviate poverty in the face of shrinking resources. More than ever this will depend on the Palestinian authorities, Israel, and donors coming together to ensure a comprehensive approach to reforms.

Well over a million tons of humanitarian supplies entered Gaza from Israel from January 2009 - May 2010, equaling nearly a ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza. Food and supplies are shipped from Israel to Gaza six days a week, channeled through aid organizations or via Gaza's private sector. Millions of dollars worth of international food aid continually flows through the Israeli humanitarian apparatus, ensuring that there is no food shortage in Gaza. ......and you talk of hatred?

On the northern border we set up a field hospital for wounded Syrians,thousand were treated in Israeli hospitals ...and you talk of hatred?

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)