+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Halifax Town 09.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I saw us finish third last season after it was cut short and we’d built a team after the season started. That’s more than most fans would have taken on the eve of the season started.
    This season has started in a similar, spluttering vein, but we’ve still been churning out results.
    This now feels like a big turning point as there’s no results to hide behind.
    I’ve seen some poor performances under Ardley and also some very good ones. But the last couple have been disgraceful. It needs to turnaround and turnaround quickly.
    So I’m not quite in your club yet!
    Fair enough, I'll happily buy you a pint if you decide to sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Whatever happens I will pay for all home streams because I support Notts County. But I can certainly understand your viewpoint.
    To be fair Elite, I won't learn and I'll probably just end up paying for the next one at home. I can't help myself, because as you say, I support Notts County.

That was horrifying.

-Freddy Kreuger

Absolutely awful. Don’t think I’ve seen 2 worser displays from 2 full backs in one game. How JOB didn’t replace Reeves or Doyle with 30 plus mins to go I will never know. Another thing I’ve noticed when ever we play it out wide it’s constantly to feet or even behind and we end up coming back, it’s basics, play it in front of them to get on the front foot. I do wonder if we could play Enzio in the hole, that’s his strength getting the ball on the half turn and running at them, granted he came off the wing but rarely does he manage that, he needs to be more central.

Something seems really wrong, if Ardleys argument in not having a keeper on the bench is to have more options then why do we put one sub on with so many inept performances.

Down to 5th on PPG.

There's only one season left now where we got promoted from a worse position than where we are now and that was 1972/73 when we were probably severely distracted by a run to the League Cup QF's.

Ardley is lucky in the fact that had their been a crowd in he would find out how unacceptable that performance was.

Come on down Eddie Howe... I know you like a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SlockyNCFC View Post
    Ardley doesn't half make a rod for his own back sometimes. Goes on about rotation, doesn't use subs. Complains about the schedule, plays the same 2 in midfield every game for the full 90 where most of the running needs to be done, even when they are as woeful as they both were tonight. Plays talented players out of position in a system that everyone can see isn't working and in which the players increasingly seem like they don't know what they are supposed to be doing.

You almost start to wonder if he knows what he's doing.
    I’ve never wondered if he knows what’s he’s doing. Since watching us try to score a goal for 80 minutes against 10 man Exeter 2 years ago I’ve known he hasn’t a clue.

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a manager to go as much as him.

Listening to him try and justify his performance us sickening!!! Nerves? Dear? FFS we were playing king's Lynn then Halifax!!!

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a manager to go as much as him.[/QUOTE]

Same here as most will know. Never wanted him from day 1

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast