+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 280 of 349 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    That's about UK being forced to join, not the formation of an EU army which Juncker clearly calls for
    Not in the video I’ve just watched he calls for a closer working relationship - perhaps a bit like the Allied forces in World War II which was not one army but a close working relationship of several individual armies

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    OMG have you not read what the EU do in these circumstances? As of right now there is no way that the EU can force us in to an EU army because there are no rules in place to do this. However if this is put in to EU law via a vote that gains a 72% pro margin it becomes EU law and we have to accept it if we stay in. I wish people would look in to how the EU get laws past the post so that any veto can be ignored whoever it comes from.

FFS Educate yourself.

I’m very well educated thanks to degree Masters and professional level. Your point is about future ifs and buts so your view of the future is no more or less valid than mine or anybody else’s

Are you not able to put your point across without resorting to swearing and personal digs?

Yet another law that will pass despite objections that will be ignored. Typical EU.

EU announces plan to scrap member state veto on tax policy. EU giveth veto EU taketh away veto lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8729396.html

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    I’m very well educated thanks to degree Masters and professional level. Your point is about future ifs and buts so your view of the future is no more or less valid than mine or anybody else’s

Are you not able to put your point across without resorting to swearing and personal digs?
    The point is not about ifs and buts it is about how the EU get things done if they want it done. Nobody will stop the power hungry mob that run the EU least of all one country called Great Briton.

And by the way the Education I remarked about was on the workings of the EU and that is where I suggest you concentrate, you never know you may indeed learn something.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 08-07-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks for links and videos. But I'm still waiting for

1. An actual eu law was passed on us against our will affronting our democracy or sovereignty
    2. A block by the EU of something that we wanted to do.

Not interested in speculative speeches raising ideas from eu leaders saying what future direction they might want to go in if it were up to them. I'm interested in where they have infringed our democracy and sovereignty. That was my question.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

1. An actual eu law was passed on us against our will affronting our democracy or sovereignty

Not interested in speculative speeches raising ideas from eu leaders saying what future direction they might want to go in if it were up to them. I'm interested in where they have infringed our democracy and sovereignty. That was my question.
    Did you not see the one where we can not pass a law to help our steel industry because the EU will not allow us to? Our parliament can only pass laws that do not infringe on EU law this alone infringes on our democracy or are you saying that is false?

How about the laws for fishing? We cannot make laws to our fisheries because we would step on the EU toes and many other such laws we cannot interfere with. I dont know about you but the right to make our own laws is what democracy means but I guess you do not agree with that FACT.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 08-07-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

Raging , you might want to take a look at the link I've added .

I'd be interested as to know why anyone on the left would want to be part of this organisation .

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/05/europ...antidemocratic

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Add Lagarde to that list
    As pointed out earlier,Christine Legard was convicted of criminal negligence in 2016, after being involved in a financial scandel.Disgracefully,behind closed doors the EU top brass have just appointed her as president of the European Central Bank.All in it together!!!! We need to get out ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Über alles in der Welt

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Did you not see the one where we can not pass a law to help our steel industry because the EU will not allow us to? Our parliament can only pass laws that do not infringe on EU law this alone infringes on our democracy or are you saying that is false?

How about the laws for fishing? We cannot make laws to our fisheries because we would step on the EU toes and many other such laws we cannot interfere with. I dont know about you but the right to make our own laws is what democracy means but I guess you do not agree with that FACT.
    I'll have a look at the steel industry article when I get chance.

Re: fishing, I don't think that is a law imposition on us, that is the basic agreement drawn up by the EU? There are benefits and drawbacks for all countries in this way.

Re: right to make our own laws. What laws have we tried to make and been prevented by the EU against our will?

Page 280 of 349 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast