+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Begum was a child when she was groomed.
    Indeed, that's the same argument Jacob Rees-Mogg was making on Question time the other week:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/qu...shamima-begum/

He also said that the country does have a responsibility to take her back if she would otherwise be stateless.

Of course, unlike her baby, Begum was well over the age of criminal responsibility when she made the decision to join IS, so the Courts would have to take into account the grooming that took place, her remaining degree of culpability, and any threat she still poses.

None of this of course changes my above statement, that Begum's children were extremely unfortunate to be brought into the world in the way they were, where they were, by the people they were. Clearly, it didn't give these innocent babies the best chance in life.
    Last edited by jackal2; 09-03-2019 at 09:27 AM.

[QUOTE=Old_pie;39166389]This is none of the child's doing but still better that it die in innocence than become another product of disturbed adults in our midst.[/QUO

Would you apply that same logic to the thousands of disturbed adults bringing up children in UK society too?

Feck the bitch.She didn't care about those that had their heads chopped off

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    This is none of the child's doing but still better that it die in innocence than become another product of disturbed adults in our midst.
    Would you apply that same logic to the thousands of disturbed adults bringing up children in UK society too?
    There would be more incarcerated out of harms way. How did they arise? Who let their parents in and to have kids too? We've gone soft and lost our moral compass. I'd ship her parents out too. Let those and their families who don't want to abide by our society be gone and live in the societies that share their moral and religious values. Too much wringing of hands has gone on.

[QUOTE=sidders;39166516]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    This is none of the child's doing but still better that it die in innocence than become another product of disturbed adults in our midst.[/QUO

He's talking about 'disturbed' in the context of a radicalised Muslim or anybody else divvy enough to fight against their country, not unfortunate people with mental problems here in the U.K.

My view remains unchanged. Transferring hatred onto a child yet to be born shows the sorry state of some people now. And there's no conscience to hide it, disturbingly. Teaching your own children to despise others and wish harm on them seems not to be confined to radicalised people.

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    My view remains unchanged. Transferring hatred onto a child yet to be born shows the sorry state of some people now. And there's no conscience to hide it, disturbingly. Teaching your own children to despise others and wish harm on them seems not to be confined to radicalised people.
    Exactly. All these labels we use - Muslim, terrorist, citizen, whatever - are just ideas invented by adults. A baby knows nothing of any of these things - it is just a baby, no different to any other baby in the world. That people take such a hateful attitude towards a such a helpless thing says it all. No wonder the world is in such a state.

Someone who has little concern over viewing the results of wholesale decapitation, might justifiably be thought to cover the whole spectrum of "disturbed"

Traits of a Sociopath:

Glibness, and Superficial Charm.
    Manipulative, and Conning. They never recognize the rights of others, and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
    Grandiose Sense of Self.
    Pathological Lying.
    Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.
    Shallow Emotions.
    Incapacity for Love.
    Need for Stimulation.

Seems to tick most of those boxes !

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly. All these labels we use - Muslim, terrorist, citizen, whatever - are just ideas invented by adults. A baby knows nothing of any of these things - it is just a baby, no different to any other baby in the world. That people take such a hateful attitude towards a such a helpless thing says it all. No wonder the world is in such a state.
    At what point will you intervene to ensure that this child develops into a responsible citizen? Because unless you can do this the chances are that you will be condemning numerous other children and people to harm.

The labels, invented by adults, are powerful and can be damaging. This child knows nothing about that, I agree, its fate was being born to the parents it had. Answer my question and I'll be happy to see some of my taxes go into that direction. Meanwhile there are millions of other children condemned to die whose parents do deserve support.

The world is in such a state because it has gone soft and allowed these bad adult ideas to take hold.

OLD PIE SAYS
    The world is in such a state because it has gone soft and allowed these bad adult ideas to take hold.

You live in a relatively small country which accounts for less than 1% of the world's population so in what sense can you say 'the world has gone soft'. Does that include Vietnam? Ecuador? Iceland?
    Are you suggesting that western Europe should adopt the hardline attitudes of Muslim lands like Afghanistan? Or have a tough guy leader like Putin? Would that make for an improved society?
    So let's hear it, Oldy, are you an eye for an eye man or are you able to turn the other cheek?

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast