+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation - What next.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    If we are relegated this weekend does the team start selling players immediately with one game left?

can some of our loanees/youth players such as Drameh, Cresswell, Gyabi and Perkins be given playing time on the last game?
    transfer windows open end of the season. But in reality, who would want to buy any of the Shyte Orta assembled? We still have like 15 dross on the books they can't sell. If we do manage to get rid of a few it be on the cheap no one would pay for what we did.
    Anyway looking forward to a new season with the likes of Cooper Ayling Firpo and Pat, Foreshaw Greenwood I hear the Spaniard from Roma is coming back not wanted Robers will lead the attack. Bamford will make cameo appearances and will loan out Creswell Drameh Bates and some others before we go hunting for cheap talented kids for the future. Ohhh manager I didn't mention who in their right mind would want to manage this trash of a club.

Have to hope the 49’s are still in.

Could be a dark spell like Bates if not

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Have to hope the 49’s are still in.

Could be a dark spell like Bates if not
    Don't mean to be the harbinger of doom (who, me?), but there are aspects of where we are now that make it entirely possible that the future for us will be bleaker (much bleaker), than it was when Bates and Wise were with us. For all the faults of Ridsdale and the poor decisions made, most of those at the club (and in acquiring an interest in it) including Bates etc, knew football as it was at the time. Greed fuelled those poor decisions, and blinded those taking them to the risks they were running, but they did have footballing "naus" (as illustrated by the fact that most went on to do reasonably well since), bates knew what he was buying when he acquired LUFC, and its value.

We all know that "the root of all evil" is money, and the obscene amounts available to clubs (especially the successful ones!) in the PL have magnified that many times over, and with that "black hole" comes those who want money first, and have footballing expertise second (you could say that about the current owner) if at all. We have that with the current "interested party", who may well know big business and the NFL backwards, but have exhibited next to f00k all intelligence when influencing the decisions over the last twelve months since increasing their initial shareholding, quite the opposite.

If the root-and-branch restructuring I mentioned in another post is to be effective, it must be done by those who know what they are doing, and I for one have no faith that the 49-ers fit that bill. If the restructuring fails, our fall will continue, and there won't be any white knight (bearded or otherwise) willing to pull us out of whatever sh1theap place we end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't mean to be the harbinger of doom (who, me?), but there are aspects of where we are now that make it entirely possible that the future for us will be bleaker (much bleaker), than it was when Bates and Wise were with us. For all the faults of Ridsdale and the poor decisions made, most of those at the club (and in acquiring an interest in it) including Bates etc, knew football as it was at the time. Greed fuelled those poor decisions, and blinded those taking them to the risks they were running, but they did have footballing "naus" (as illustrated by the fact that most went on to do reasonably well since), bates knew what he was buying when he acquired LUFC, and its value.

We all know that "the root of all evil" is money, and the obscene amounts available to clubs (especially the successful ones!) in the PL have magnified that many times over, and with that "black hole" comes those who want money first, and have footballing expertise second (you could say that about the current owner) if at all. We have that with the current "interested party", who may well know big business and the NFL backwards, but have exhibited next to f00k all intelligence when influencing the decisions over the last twelve months since increasing their initial shareholding, quite the opposite.

If the root-and-branch restructuring I mentioned in another post is to be effective, it must be done by those who know what they are doing, and I for one have no faith that the 49-ers fit that bill. If the restructuring fails, our fall will continue, and there won't be any white knight (bearded or otherwise) willing to pull us out of whatever sh1theap place we end up in.
    Orta Radz and 49ers are why we are where we are at. No faith whatsoever.

Sale of several players probably such as Meslier, Koch, Adams, Harrison, Gnonto for knock down prices.
    Others will probably leave one way or another such as Rodrigo, Arronson, Summerville, Rutter
    Probably left with some from Robles, Ayling, Struijk, forshaw, Bamford, all the under 21s.
    Probably some of incoming transfer money given to the manager and maybe some from 49rs if they are still involved.
    Massive change round in players I am sure.
    Need as much sorting asap so a new decent team can prepare for a promotion push.

Just play our talented 23 21-year-olds we won't get relegated and might surprise in the championship.

We have won 11 games since Bielsa left not saying he would have done better but woah just woah. The three stooges sure as hell stooged us.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    We have won 11 games since Bielsa left not saying he would have done better but woah just woah. The three stooges sure as hell stooged us.
    Just seen this too, I knew we had been pretty useless for a while but never actually realized we were that bad.

I think it's going to take more than one season in the Champ to fix this before we'll be competitive enough to look for promotion again, new manager and a considerable amount of squad rebuilding, it's not as though we can take comfort from going down with the makings of a squad that only needs a tinker here and there; the good ones (not that there are many) will go and what's left - Bamford, Ayling, Firpo, Kristensen, Llorente etc all need moving on. But I think the biggest drag anchor potentially is sorting out ownership - if Radz stays, ok it should be feasible to get in a new Director of Football and manager; but if he wants out (let's face it he's more interested in Sampdoria now) then surely the 49ers takeover will need to go through first before we appoint a DoF and manager and if that drags on we'll quickly be behind the curve of a new regime & squad to hit the new season running.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    I think it's going to take more than one season in the Champ to fix this before we'll be competitive enough to look for promotion again, new manager and a considerable amount of squad rebuilding, it's not as though we can take comfort from going down with the makings of a squad that only needs a tinker here and there; the good ones (not that there are many) will go and what's left - Bamford, Ayling, Firpo, Kristensen, Llorente etc all need moving on. But I think the biggest drag anchor potentially is sorting out ownership - if Radz stays, ok it should be feasible to get in a new Director of Football and manager; but if he wants out (let's face it he's more interested in Sampdoria now) then surely the 49ers takeover will need to go through first before we appoint a DoF and manager and if that drags on we'll quickly be behind the curve of a new regime & squad to hit the new season running.
    Had not thought through the sale lag time. that is really depressing.

Have to hope we keep the best and brightest of our youth. we have some good ones including Gyabi, Cresswell, Perkins, Jospeph, Heldje and Drameh. if you can keep Adams, Strujik, Dallas and Ayling that's a pretty good team.

The 49's may view paying some of the salaries such as Gnonto, Robles, Summerville and Sinistera as an investment. If you go right back up and only pay 150 million (rumored price if relegated) that's a super investment.

"it's the hope that kills".

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)