+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The sack machine at full throttle

Regardless of whether Rodgers is as good as the reputation or not, for me it all comes down to their recruitment. From what I've read they may have overspent in the past but to say they tightened their belts is probably an understatement.

As we know all too well at Notts, recruitment is key. Probably THE most important component to success on the field.

After all "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****"

Plus a Rodgers managed side won the FA Cup with Leicester, and they can never take that away.

All these likkle Florest fans having a fit tonight so far as they now want Cooper sacked. Leeds looked good for the 3 points and Florest move to the place above relegation placed, just on GD.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    All these likkle Florest fans having a fit tonight so far as they now want Cooper sacked. Leeds looked good for the 3 points and Florest move to the place above relegation placed, just on GD.
    Watched some of it HD, very one sided should have been a much easier victory for Leeds. Personally, I would keep Cooper, he's there best chance of scratching enough points together to stay up, IMHAHO.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Watched some of it HD, very one sided should have been a much easier victory for Leeds. Personally, I would keep Cooper, he's there best chance of scratching enough points together to stay up, IMHAHO.
    Leeds were quite wasteful to be fair and could have, should have scored more.
    Florest looked relegated already.
    Regards Cooper…I reckon the fat Greek will sack him sooner rather than later.
    Silly really should be thinking about who can get them back up again when they do drop out. And Cooper ticks all those boxes.
    Just needs to totally trim the bloated squad and get rid of players he probably doesn’t even know the names of yet.
    Their recruitment has been ridiculous. Dale Winton did a better job at Supermarket Sweep!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Leeds were quite wasteful to be fair and could have, should have scored more.
    Florest looked relegated already.
    Regards Cooper…I reckon the fat Greek will sack him sooner rather than later.
    Silly really should be thinking about who can get them back up again when they do drop out. And Cooper ticks all those boxes.
    Just needs to totally trim the bloated squad and get rid of players he probably doesn’t even know the names of yet.
    Their recruitment has been ridiculous. Dale Winton did a better job at Supermarket Sweep!
    And they still have Harry Arter on their books picking up his 40000 a week wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It's the only job if you fail In it you'll get a good severence pay off and more likely another well paid job, and so it continues
    Prime ministers also

Sacking Cooper would be a genuine disgrace. He’s pretty much single-handedly dragged an appallingly run club to the Premier League from a relegation battle in the league below. Even if you ignore last season, where he achieved something ridiculous, they’re not even in the relegation zone currently. He’s done about as well as anyone could’ve reasonably expected this year. Cracking manager, so naturally I hope they do sack him.

Had a few wines so gonna sum this up quickly.

Rogers- Deserved to go, the players are bored and so are the fans. Although I do like him as a manager in some respects. Think he's bored as well now.

Viera- Tough one. I would say doesn't deserve to go, but when you're on a terrible run something has to change and you can always rely on an old boring owl to keep you up.

Potter- Think this is embarrassing. Chelsea saying they're willing to give time and patience a la Arteta at Arsenal...
    Well, sod them. I've always disliked Chelsea anyway. Now Potter has gone, they're back to being the bad guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Had a few wines so gonna sum this up quickly.

Rogers- Deserved to go, the players are bored and so are the fans. Although I do like him as a manager in some respects. Think he's bored as well now.

Viera- Tough one. I would say doesn't deserve to go, but when you're on a terrible run something has to change and you can always rely on an old boring owl to keep you up.

Potter- Think this is embarrassing. Chelsea saying they're willing to give time and patience a la Arteta at Arsenal...
    Well, sod them. I've always disliked Chelsea anyway. Now Potter has gone, they're back to being the bad guys again.
    In all 3 teams above the squads have glaring deficiencies. It’s easy to blame a coach/manager and the same is happening at Forest.
    Rodger’s is a damn good manager and Leicester were lucky to have him. The squad has aged past its best, the best players of the last couple of seasons have left and not been replaced.

Viera was unfortunate IMO. Palace have very few quality players, and in the main they have been injured.
    Chelsea think spending millions on none scoring midfielders and then play without a genuine forward is a recipe for success. It isn’t. I have seen a few of their game’s recently and they create a lot of chances but haven’t had that quality front man to finish them. I’m not sure who is in control of transfers but can’t see a coach like Potter wanting a team without a forward.

Forest are exactly the same. The squad is bang average and chock full of Championship standard players. Spending 160-170m on 30 players is not a recipe for success. They needed to spend on quality rather than quantity. Cooper has been asked to polish a turd.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-04-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Unfortunately the 3 cr@p teams below them can’t seem to record a win between them. It’s disappointing that as bad as they are, there are potentially 3 or more as bad or worse.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast