+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signings this season ratings

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Here is photographic evidence of why Stevens can't defend,the look on his face says it all,its like that old fella in the advert on the big dipper ride........."what sort of cheese was that".
    Attachment 9347
    Where was Jack? He's the centre back tha knows.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Where was Jack? He's the centre back tha knows.UTCB
    Probably still upfield trotting back into position,poor Edna has to carry the can.

Probably still upfield trotting back into position,poor Edna has to carry the can.
    When we fell for this sucker punch,Magic was the central of the 3,after Stearman had gone off,Stevens was LCB,he should have dealt with a hopeful long punt from the Millwall centre half,he didn’t,this was a terrible goal to concede,we haven’t recovered from conceding this goal IMO

honestly think that stearman and o connell could be a great pairing in a flat back 4 i know chris prefers the 3 at the back but i dont think we would be quite as open and leak as many goals i actually like the 4 3 3 system and we could have evans coutts and fleck as the 3 then a target man whoever that might be with 2 just in behind as support just my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Holmes and Leonard signings are a mystery to everyone I think especially as he chased them for so long it's not as if they were last minute panic buys
    I still think there's something in my theory about letting them bed in over the second half of this season - settle into the area, get their kids into schools, that kind of thing - so they can have a full, uninterrupted pre-season and hit the ground running in August.

It's the only logical explanation I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I still think there's something in my theory about letting them bed in over the second half of this season - settle into the area, get their kids into schools, that kind of thing - so they can have a full, uninterrupted pre-season and hit the ground running in August.

It's the only logical explanation I can think of
    I said the same thing at BDBL on Satdi Carpe,but i was told i alluss look for positives where the BLADES are concerned. UTCB

I'm sure Wilder said we want players that can hit the ground running,regarding signing players in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I said the same thing at BDBL on Satdi Carpe,but i was told i alluss look for positives where the BLADES are concerned. UTCB
    I'm not convinced it is a completely positive thing, to be honest. If it is the strategy, then yes, we'll have more settled players for the start of next season, which is a bonus. However, that might be considered to be at the cost of bringing in additional players who could have pushed us over the line this season and got us into the playoffs or above…

exactly carpe of the 3 players that came in only evans has established a place in the team holmes and leonard hopefully will come good next season but they wernt the signings that were gonna get us a top 6 spot chris needed at least double the amount that he was given to give us a realistic chance of the play offs and he needs at least 5 million this summer if were to be challenging again imo utb ftp

Lee Evans 6/10 - He will benefit from having Coutts on the training ground,(this is how you do it son)
    Ryan Leonard 3/10 -Never going to nail a permanent place down in the team.
    Clayton Donaldson 7/10 -Like him just wish we could have had him earlier in his career.
    Jamal Blackman 8/10 - Imposing
    Richard Stearman 7/10 - He is ok but goes awol at critical times.
    George Baldock 8/10 - Poor final ball and does not score,thats why he is behind Freeman for me.
    Ched Evans 1/10 - Seen better days sadly,dont think he will get them back.
    Enda Stevens 5/10 - Being found out lately oppo goals down to his poor defending.
    John Lundstram - 5/10 - he is somewhere between Lg1 and Chp standard.
    James Wilson 1/10 -..........Pointless signing
    Cameron Carters-Vickers -7/10 ..........just for scoring the goal at Bolton.
    Holmes - 3/10............bewildered by his signing and i bet he is too.
    Thomas - 5/10.........will be knocking on the door for sure,he is the most direct attacker we have.
    Henegan - 5/10........played a solid game against Preston in the FA Cup,he is a maybe for the future.
    Bang on !

maybe a 5 for the Don
    Last edited by benditlike_Borbokis; 03-05-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast