+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Livingston

Well done lads. Thoroughly deserved win. Could have been double figures tbh.

Good send off for Johnny too. Thanks for the memories min - once a Don 😎⭐️⭐️

A few random thoughts.

Fück me Livi are poor.

Bin VAR now. No words for the farce that is. We’re paying for it too ffs. If the English can look to get rid of it, then so can we.

Doohan did fine - worse than Roos? Probably not.

McGarry is not as good as MacKenzie.

Sokler is not anywhere near as good as Miovski.

Hoilett looked human a few times tonight. Still a sublime plaaar though. Get him signed.

Shinnie very good.

Someone’s had a word wi Polvara. He seems to have toughened up & started using his size to put himself about and out muscle folk. Another good performance. Might be hope for this lad yet.

Duk frustrating. Touch was poor & spent far too much time on his arse again.

Another cracking finish fae young Boyd. What a dream week for the loon. Great stuff.

Well done Peter Leven. Done everything & more we could have asked from you min. All we can really say is thanks for sorting that absolute shïtshow.

Let’s not start thinking everything’s sorted though. The table doesn’t lie - LOTS of work needing done on that squad over the summer.

Still, good showing again tonight so lets finish in style at the weekend…

Just back.

Scored five, but should have been a hell of a lot more if it wasn't for poor finishing in the first half.

We battered them and when they got the penalty and their noses in front you knew we would come back, such is the turnaround in form under Leven. A few months ago we would have capitulated after the penalty.

I really, really hope we can get something done with Hoilet, the boy is class.
    We all have our opinions on Warnock and his time at the club, but that was an inspired signing.

Just a nice way to end a difficult season at home and really hope we can get a win up in Dingwall on Sunday and wrap up the season with five wins out of five.

The new kit looks smart and I'm telling you now, cup double next season.

COYR

So, what was the scoop on the Livi penalty?

I thought the foul on Polvara in the Living box looked a stonewaller, just a few minutes before and then they c*nts get one. I don't think anyone claimed anything and a corner was given.

Livi will be no miss to the league whatsoever.

A horrible team

Did we ever commemorate the passing of fans and ex players like we did tonight before?

Nae my thing personally, but went along with it.

I hope Donsdaft got his name up on the board. Maybe someone that knew him could confirm it was, although I have no idea how it worked.

I noticed my old Doctor's name on the board. She was only 37 when she passed. Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

I thought the foul on Polvara in the Living box looked a stonewaller, just a few minutes before and then they c*nts get one. I don't think anyone claimed anything and a corner was given.

A horrible team
    I thought it was one o those where Dante got his leg in front of the challenge, but nae really in an attempt to play the ba. I wisna shouting for a pen onyway. Never seen a replay like. And then for them to get a pen for that - scandalous.

Polvara has been a standout in the last 2 games, he's definitely figuring out how to be influential. And for whatever reason, I feel strangely confident that Bojan is staying for another season.

Dinna want to be overly harsh but nae at all convinced McGarry is at the required level.

Hoilett and Shinnie were superb: here's hoping they've got one more good season in them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

A horrible team
    It occurs to me now that you were at the game, and therefore have absolutely nae idea fit the pen was given for!

Ball made contact with Sokler's arm, at the moment a Livi attacker was climbing on his back attempting to win a heider. No player on the pitch claimed for a foul. I honestly thought the ref would tell VAR to phuck off after looking at the replay. Ref was pretty good otherwise.

Agree wi abody else: Livi and their abominable pitch will not be missed

It was sad to see Jonny Hayes make his final appearance in a red jersey.

He got a good send off and deservedly so. Has been a great servant and player for the club over two spells.

Even though we know which Glasgow based team he supports, there is no doubting he loves it up here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    It occurs to me now that you were at the game, and therefore have absolutely nae idea fit the pen was given for!

Ball made contact with Sokler's arm, at the moment a Livi attacker was climbing on his back attempting to win a heider. No player on the pitch claimed for a foul. I honestly thought the ref would tell VAR to phuck off after looking at the replay. Ref was pretty good otherwise.

Agree wi abody else: Livi and their abominable pitch will not be missed
    A handball by Sokler!

I knew when he went to the monitor what was going to happen. Be interesting to see the replay.

Not one Livi player claimed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Polvara has been a standout in the last 2 games, he's definitely figuring out how to be influential. And for whatever reason, I feel strangely confident that Bojan is staying for another season.

Dinna want to be overly harsh but nae at all convinced McGarry is at the required level.

Hoilett and Shinnie were superb: here's hoping they've got one more good season in them!
    Polvara is really coming into a game. Never doubted his technical ability, but always thought he had the heart of a mouse. Has started to get more physical which is good considering he is built like brick outhouse.

Difficult to judge McGarry as not had much luck with injuries and loathe to write players off so quickly. He had a great run and shot tonight in the first half, but does look suspect defensively, but lack of playing time more likely.

It's just been nice to end the season on a positive and seeing players play with smiles on their faces and fans going home happy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast