+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quiz - How to lose by a single goal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Its harder than many may think (losing so "unjustly" on such epic scales), but when the plan is executed to perfection (with examples stated aplenty above) then we can all bask in the club mantra of Glorious Defeat! 🥴
    Grumps, but ain’t it bad reading all of the quotes, where we would have been in the table had some of them been in our favour?

We’ve had more than our fair share of bad judgements laid against us.

Keeper scared to go for ball (Blackman on his bad days, hopefully behind him)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grumps, but ain’t it bad reading all of the quotes, where we would have been in the table had some of them been in our favour?

We’ve had more than our fair share of bad judgements laid against us.
    I don't doubt that for a second Brinster. And that adds to the frustration that this, of all seasons, was our chance to stay up. Its a bang average division in comparison to seasons past.

Don't get me wrong we've been on the wrong end of some diabolical officiating but my view is that such instances are magnified greatly by the fact that we also add to our own problems (defensive mishaps, missed sitters, etc). And because of that it feels so unjust, i.e. we lost because we were cheated.

We wont be relegated because of shocking refereeing decisions. It will be because of:

* Defensive fraillities (2nd in the division on set piece conceding).

* Because of poor, often shambolic, finishing.

* Because of sub-standard tactics;

* Bizare substututions,

* No plan B,

* Right footed central midfielders at left back,

* No genuine width or pace (despite having it at the club)

* Getting to january and still believing that george hirst was good enough to be our 3rd striker. Whilst leaving kayode at carlisle despite him being a free hit in terms of the 25 man squad limit.

* Believing Blackman was good enough to be our number 2 keeper, let alone persisting with him early doors as our number 1, when everyone could see he was a weak link.

* Signing good ball playing midfielders like wing and barlaser and then adopting Hoofball tactics.

* Emphasising, and rewarding, effort, energy and defensive work over attacking ambition and positivity (Giles dropped because his defensive duties werent to warnes liking, despite being a revelation going forwards).

Its so frustrating because these players are good enough (just) to be in the championship.

If Warne believes the world is against us then go out and show it tonight. Prove me wrong. No more glorious defeat.

Covid-19 , no atmosphere in the ground, bad referees, Chairman to tight, Warny crap , wow how many excuses do we need .

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Covid-19 , no atmosphere in the ground, bad referees, Chairman to tight, Warny crap , wow how many excuses do we need .
    You forgot the sunspots

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You forgot the sunspots
    and I believe we've had a few meteor showers!

And the interference by the illuminati

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123