+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts...Barnsley-v-Bolton....Play Off Semi-Final

This is a huge summer for the club and they need to get almost everything right or it could get really messy down there .[/QUOTE]

I agree Animal, however with them looking at Thalhammer, it shows they are already looking in the wrong direction?
    If they believe someone from Austria with a very, very, very poor record as a coach, what hope do we have when they are clearly looking at cheap, substandard options, even Morais and Asbagi had better CV’s!

Since I expect Maghoma to return to Brentford after his loan whether we’re promoted or not we’ll give you a million for Luca who can fill in nicely for him and that should help you rebuilding. We played a very different system tonight to counter your high press and it left our defenders to defend rather than get caught high up the pitch so I wouldn’t be too hard on your strikers who really had little space to work in. The only real mistake we made was leaving Cosgrove in acres for his goal or otherwise your only other real threat was from Philips with his shooting and the header he forced Baxter to save and if that had gone in it would have been a different game. I actually thought you were really good after your goal and with a bit of luck could have squared things up. Im not counting chickens yet because an early goal on Tuesday would really open the tie up again for you and then anything can happen. Decisions went our way tonight but it could be very different on Tuesday so keep your peckers up.

Bolton edged it for sure not a 2 goal gap despite what evatt said afterwards
    I think the goal keepers made the difference in regards to the score line
    Two great one handed saves from the Bolton lad when it was 2-1
    As for Roberts o dear me
    I’d blame him for goals 2 and 3
    His starting position for the 2nd goal was 10 yards further back than it should have been
    He should have spotted Jordan had a tricky bouncing ball to deal with and come out and made his header back easier
    As for the third fair play for the save from the one on one which led to the corner but how the fork has he ended up on his arse in the back of the net with the ball and no one has touched the cross in?
    I voiced my concerns about him a couple of weeks ago
    He won player of the season so that says something about the rest of them I guess
    We are capable on a good day of scoring 2or3 at Bolton but the back door is wide open and we are easily capable of conceding that amount too
    Let’s get this season done with and have a clear out
    At least we don’t have to see that abomination of a kit anymore n all!

We'll have to score at least 5 at Bolton because its a given that we concede at least 2 in a game

I wouldn’t entirely disagree with that Dingle your questionable goalkeeping cost you two goals but to be fair I think our approach was to confound your high press yesterday rather than risk our normal playing out from the back so we did look a bit clunky. I’d expect us to be a bit more back to normal on Tuesday so I’d imagine us to be a bit more aggressive. As I say if you can get an early goal it changes everything but I think if we strike first there’s little chance of you hitting four. It’s still all to play for but our home record this season has been excellent so we have to be strong favourites. What will be will be so no chickens counted yet. ��

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I was hoping Devaney would change things a bit, but it's exactly the same as Collins.....
    To be honest Perky I am not sure why you would think it would be any different under Disco, he has been in the dug out every match this season and on the training ground every day coaching the players , nothing in my mind was ever going to change, if Collins was the problem then so was Disco , they were a double act , it has been another cock up by our incompetent owners who thought that getting rid of the manager with one game to go was a smart move especially as the replacement could not get a work permit , they really are embarrassing .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123