+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leeds promoted

I bet Warney,s watching this and wishing they would Farke off

No Gary Spake in the picture. Also, an old Wednesday player is photo-bombing.

Anyone would think Leeds had won the World Cup. The coverage has been relentless

It reminded me of how Sheffield Wednesdays Fanzine War Of The Monster Trucks got its name.

From Wikipedia.

The name of the fanzine was derived from the events of 21 April 1991, when Yorkshire Television elected to show the 1986 TV special War of the Monster Trucks in preference to the post match celebrations of Sheffield Wednesday’s famous and unlikely 1–0 League Cup Final victory over Manchester United.[3] This acrimonious decision has been cited over the years by both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United fans as a prime example of Yorkshire Television's bias towards West Yorkshire in general and Leeds in particular.

It's a bit odd that a lot of people are heaping such praise on Bielsa and saying how good he is.
    He was a world renowned Manager recommended by Pochetino and Guardiola when he was appointed and yet with huge resources he couldn't even get a team promoted from England's second best division in his first season.

With four games of the 2018-19 season to go, Leeds were three points clear of third-placed Sheffield United.
    Leeds lost their next home game against lowly Wigan, who had not won away all season right at the business end of the season
    Despite 77% possession, Wigan down to ten men and a staggering 36 attempted shots, Leeds lost.

Leeds then nosedived and ended up in the playoffs where they fell at the first hurdle.
    They recorded a 1-0 win at Pride Park in the first leg of their semi-final to set things up nicely for the return at Elland Road.
    Leeds made it 2-0 on aggregate thanks to A goal in the return leg at Elland Road.
    They then proceeded to implode by conceding four unanswered Derby goals and were dumped out 2-4.
    That isn't the mark of a great Manager and there was speculation he would be sacked or resign.

To their credit Leeds have made the best of the lockdown and got the job done this time but Bielsa has had a few very poor moments at Leeds a lot more to prove yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Thanks a lot lads

Thinking of my old Gramps at this moment in time.100% a miller with a soft spot for Leeds who took me to a few games at millmoor when I was a little lad and when I grew up I took him to a few Leeds games.

He will be looking down now with a big grin on his face

MOT - UTM.
    Rev72, yeh great for both our clubs this season and I'm glad Leeds have finally made it back in the big time.

Apparently Look North were planning a four hour special tonight but as it will go past Harry Gration's bedtime they've had to reduce the programme

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123