+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Wood testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Warney did 19 over 2 spells. Playing, coaching and managing.
    Hursty did 15 years playing.

Ben wiles has been at the club for 10 years. But signed professionally 6 years ago.
    So he needs to sign a 4 year contract then

I'd love to see Richard given a testimonial game - he never openly complained when frozen out - got his head down, grafted and played his way back into the side. A Yorkshireman born and bred, played most of his career in Yorkshire and with us - don't want to let him go quietly, not after all he's done for us

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We could arrange a friendly / testimonial against the team he signs for.
    Great idea fc miller - a game against Derby would be fantastic!!

I'd forgotten that not only did Richard score 2 goals at Wembley against Shrewsbury in the 2017 play-off final, but he also scored our first goal in the second leg of the semi against Scunny at NYS. The S****horpe team included both Dwane Holmes and Ivan Toney - how things can change in such a short time!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Great idea fc miller - a game against Derby would be fantastic!!
    Assuming, that Derby keep their manager, it might be a game against Donny or Weds!
    Last edited by fc_miller; 09-05-2023 at 02:59 PM.

I never go to testimonials nothing to gain for me going to them. I go to home pre-season friendly's to see new signings. Wood hasn't done bad out of our club financially & he's planning on carrying on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I never go to testimonials nothing to gain for me going to them. I go to home pre-season friendly's to see new signings. Wood hasn't done bad out of our club financially & he's planning on carrying on playing.
    So what do you actually gain from going to a regular game that's different? Isn't it really about the occasion and 'entertainment' and I'm pretty sure a testimonial would give you far more of the latter than some of our games do. You are really inferring that you begrudge giving players money but I guess you will still continue you your weekly crusade to donate 70 pounds to the lottery funds.

Was it Paul Warne’s testimonial when the chuckle brothers were the physios?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So what do you actually gain from going to a regular game that's different? Isn't it really about the occasion and 'entertainment' and I'm pretty sure a testimonial would give you far more of the latter than some of our games do. You are really inferring that you begrudge giving players money but I guess you will still continue you your weekly crusade to donate 70 pounds to the lottery funds.

£96 a week lotto! feel lucky got 14 free lucky dips from Saturdays draw £70 winnings got 38 lines on for tomorrow got to win something from them! Testimonials I don't look back only forward. Looking forward to next season more chance with MT offloading surplus players & improving squad.

I can feel a Britain's Got Talent moment coming on

Testimonials for Wood?

It's a no from me

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast