+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zenga gone!?

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Hope it's just with the bookies, Freedman hates the club after his time as a player. Wolves might as well have stuck with Jackett in the summer if they're even considering the likes of Freedman and Ince.

Agreed!!

It's all been happening at the club since Zenga's departure yesterday, Andrea Butti has also left Wolves.

Butti Calls

It's all been happening at the club since Zenga's departure yesterday, Andrea Butti has also left Wolves.

Butti Calls

Something F**king smells real bad, this whole situation is very worrying!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Something F**king smells real bad, this whole situation is very worrying!
    You never know Eve, if the club has someone lined up he may want to bring in his own people.

You never know Eve, if the club has someone lined up he may want to bring in his own people.

Would someone like Sam even consider the job with Mendes lurking in the background? Not too worried about losing the likes of Butti, but what manager worth their salt is gonna want to take up a position with his spectre and influence with Jeff Shi hovering over them? I certainly wouldn't be keen!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Would someone like Sam even consider the job with Mendes lurking in the background? Not too worried about losing the likes of Butti, but what manager worth their salt is gonna want to take up a position with his spectre and influence with Jeff Shi hovering over them? I certainly wouldn't be keen!
    I think Mendes' role is classed as advising Fosun. If Wolves do end up with Big Sam, i'd expect he'd want as much control over footballing matters and an input over transfers as possible. I think the Butti role was created to help while Zenga was at the club. The club has had a lot of changes in recent months and it would be difficult to predict when everything will calm down.

Unlikely to happen, but personally I'd prefer Roy Hodgson to Big Sam.

I think Mendes' role is classed as advising Fosun. If Wolves do end up with Big Sam, i'd expect he'd want as much control over footballing matters and an input over transfers as possible. I think the Butti role was created to help while Zenga was at the club. The club has had a lot of changes in recent months and it would be difficult to predict when everything will calm down.
    The people who run/own this club need to be very careful.
    The brief feeling of euphoria and optimism has been stamped on and we are now looking over our shoulder with no apparent aim forward.
    A manager like Allardyce would possibly be the fix that steadies the ship but I have the feeling Sam might want to shy away from the public eye for a while longer.

God knows what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Unlikely to happen, but personally I'd prefer Roy Hodgson to Big Sam.

I'd prefer to Disembowel myself with a plastic knife and fork than appoint Woy Hodgson!!

The worry is we will suffer another obscure appointment.
    When Walter was announced as manager I could hear the head scratching in Wolverhampton from here.
    The next decision will prove whether Fosun have the club's best interests at stake.

Anyone holding their breath?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)