+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol V Barnsley team news

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We will get better. It's early days! No doom and gloom. One out of many.!
    Please tell us Jules that theres some good signs and that this is just one of those days etc. And I know we never win at Ashton gate anyway these days, but Id take any consolation right now.
    A bit of perspective is one thing Animal but this is awful, and while I didn't expect us to win today I certainly didn't expect such an abysmal first half collapse like that.

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ? A goal, Ryan Hedges scores on 93 minutes, but its only consolation.

Update: FT: 42% possession, 10 shots, 5 on target, 2 corners, 9 fouls, all 3 subs used, we lost 3-1.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-08-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Please tell us Jules that theres some good signs and that this is just one of those days etc. And I know we never win at Ashton gate anyway these days, but Id take any consolation right now.
    A bit of perspective is one thing Animal but this is awful, and while I didn't expect us to win today I certainly didn't expect such an abysmal first half collapse like that.

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ?
    Update: 75 minutes: 7 shots, 3 on target, 2 corners, still 3-0 down.
    I've said all summer we needed at least 4 stock championship players to go with the ones already here and the new lads .

Nothing is going to change now we are underway , all we can do is try and find a way to stay in the division with the hand we have .

We have 45 more games to play with , 4th bottom gets the job done .

Some players are out with injury who I'm hoping are going to be key for us this season .

We need a couple of strikers in badly , as we stand today the squad won't deliver 30 goals over the season and we will always concede .

If we have to pay over the odds then so be it but something needs to happen up top , sooner rather than later .

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ? A goal, Ryan Hedges scores on 93 minutes, but its only consolation.

Update: FT: 42% possession, 10 shots, 5 on target, 2 corners, 9 fouls, all 3 subs used, we lost 3-1.
    Reading lost the play off final and we're above them. Only behind Wednesday on goal difference and Middlesbro' and they're favourites for the title.
    Beat a poor Ipswich side next week and things will look better.

I'll post later, but no good Signs

At all

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Reading lost the play off final and we're above them. Only behind Wednesday on goal difference and Middlesbro' and they're favourites for the title. Beat a poor Ipswich side next week and things will look better.
    They (Ipswich) were a poor side last season Hodger and we really let them off the hook at our place, so lets hope we can do a proper job on them next week.
    Its going to be a right struggle this season obviously, and and I desperately hope Hecky is given something extra in his hunt for a few strikers. And just that bit of extra experience could make all the difference, so I hope we re-think our plan and look for players near the 30 age mark.
    Bradshaw sounded awful in that first half today, will those who went either confirm or deny that ?

Just a blip.

We lost the opener last season by two goals and were near the play offs in January.

No knee jerk reactions. Let's see where we are after 10 games.

Bring on the Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just a blip. We lost the opener last season by two goals and were near the play offs in January. No knee jerk reactions. Let's see where we are after 10 games. Bring on the Ipswich.
    Thats all true SB, but I don't think these are just 'knee jerk' reactions.
    But if we beat Ipswich then things might look brighter this time next week, its hard but I know we're going to have to try and stay patient.
    Btw regardless of todays result, is anybody bothered if we lose to Morecambe in the Lg Cup ?.
    (because we did it against Northampton last season after losing 4-2 at Ipswich on the opening day, and it didn't affect our season)

Thats all true SB, but I don't think these are just 'knee jerk' reactions.
    But if we beat Ipswich then things might look brighter this time next week, its hard but I know we're going to have to try and stay patient.
    Btw regardless of todays result, is anybody bothered if we lose to Morecambe in the Lg Cup ?.
    (because we did it against Northampton last season after losing 4-2 at Ipswich on the opening day, and it didn't affect our season)
    I'd suggest we need as many games as we can get for Hecky to get these players moulded into an efficient unit .

A confidence boosting 3-0 win on tuesday night would give everyone a much needed lift , Morecambe or not with all due respect to them .

Im just trying to cover all bases Animal, trying to get a few excuses in early if they beat us lol.
    We all know what a good cup run can do and if we're going to play a Lg Cup match then I want us to play our normal squad regardless of who the opposition are.

Ittul all come good , shecky start as most thort , then a few good runs , decent cup run !! Walla on t Wembley ageeun !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast