+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Poor Fyvie! Such expectation that he will lift us out of this mess.
    ��
    TBF it would be hard to make the situation worse!!

you guys need to get yer sh!t together and get back up to the premier division

KTID

Quote Originally Posted by FuNsTeR View Post

KTID
    Easier said than done, we're hot and cold every week, no consistency unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Easier said than done, we're hot and cold every week, no consistency unfortunately
    That’s the one thing the The Fun have over us this season......consistency, getting horsed every week must be soul destroying

Quote Originally Posted by FuNsTeR View Post

KTID
    I would try to say something funny and witty.

But that would be pointless😉

Went into yesterdays game with no expectations and enjoyed some of the play. Alloa need to get away from the long ball stuff though as when they got the ball on the ground, they did quite well and showed us a thing or 2.

As for our lads,
    Siegrist, i think he is the better option than Rakovan, but he does seem to come for everything, whether he could get there or not through a sea of players. Likes a punch which is ok in my book, but hesitant when the ball should have been distributed a few times.
    Wardrop, this lad has anger issues! Loved watching him and their Zanata(?) battling it out and pushing each other into the hoardings.
    Bollan, I like this lad and he didnt seem too far out of place, and given his age, he did quite well with some nippy players against him.
    Edje, I like him as long as he doesnt try to do too much more than clearing his lines. Though he was playing 2 positions at times yesterday with.....
    Booth missing from LB most of the time. Really not taking to this lad as ive not seen him do anything to convince me he will help us out of our predicament! If Robson ever gets injured, thankfully the lad who replaced Booth, Graham(?) looks like he has a bit of a future.
    Zata i am a big fan of. Has a bit of skill and dig and should have a future.
    Glass, i have said there is a player in there, but the coaches need to convince him he can pass, and that he doesnt have to take on the whole opposition defence!
    Appere, came to us with a bit of hype so i have to say im a bit disappointed. Did ok but im expecting more.
    McMullan, Really surprised that someone who has apparently caused a fair bit of trouble to be put on the shoogly peg, was made captain for the day! Not his best yesterday, but for a little composure he should have scored a couple.
    Smith, Looked to take his goal well, but maybe should have done better, but Glass could also have set him up more than twice in the second half.

My MotM was Archie Thomas. Liked him from the first time i seen him and he seems to have improved since then. He is like Zata in that he has skill and dig and can fair cover the yards with the ball at his feet. A wee bit more composure and he should have scored the winner!

King coming on for Appere lost us a bit of momentum as understandably, Billy took a while to get into the game. Started to see something by the time it was too late.
    Fyvie, glad he is back, but he is gonna take a bit of time before he is fully ready. Saw him going into the same type of challenge that injured him, but he also didnt look like he wanted to challenge too often. Looks thinner, fitter and faster than he did when he came in, so fingers crossed he finds the sharpness and match fitness we need. If not, get Barton out the way and put Archie in!

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I would try to say something funny and witty.

But that would be pointless😉

Killie have points, think he is a killie fan going by "KTID" (Killie till I die)

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Went into yesterdays game with no expectations and enjoyed some of the play. Alloa need to get away from the long ball stuff though as when they got the ball on the ground, they did quite well and showed us a thing or 2.

As for our lads,
    Siegrist, i think he is the better option than Rakovan, but he does seem to come for everything, whether he could get there or not through a sea of players. Likes a punch which is ok in my book, but hesitant when the ball should have been distributed a few times.
    Wardrop, this lad has anger issues! Loved watching him and their Zanata(?) battling it out and pushing each other into the hoardings.
    Bollan, I like this lad and he didnt seem too far out of place, and given his age, he did quite well with some nippy players against him.
    Edje, I like him as long as he doesnt try to do too much more than clearing his lines. Though he was playing 2 positions at times yesterday with.....
    Booth missing from LB most of the time. Really not taking to this lad as ive not seen him do anything to convince me he will help us out of our predicament! If Robson ever gets injured, thankfully the lad who replaced Booth, Graham(?) looks like he has a bit of a future.
    Zata i am a big fan of. Has a bit of skill and dig and should have a future.
    Glass, i have said there is a player in there, but the coaches need to convince him he can pass, and that he doesnt have to take on the whole opposition defence!
    Appere, came to us with a bit of hype so i have to say im a bit disappointed. Did ok but im expecting more.
    McMullan, Really surprised that someone who has apparently caused a fair bit of trouble to be put on the shoogly peg, was made captain for the day! Not his best yesterday, but for a little composure he should have scored a couple.
    Smith, Looked to take his goal well, but maybe should have done better, but Glass could also have set him up more than twice in the second half.

My MotM was Archie Thomas. Liked him from the first time i seen him and he seems to have improved since then. He is like Zata in that he has skill and dig and can fair cover the yards with the ball at his feet. A wee bit more composure and he should have scored the winner!

King coming on for Appere lost us a bit of momentum as understandably, Billy took a while to get into the game. Started to see something by the time it was too late.
    Fyvie, glad he is back, but he is gonna take a bit of time before he is fully ready. Saw him going into the same type of challenge that injured him, but he also didnt look like he wanted to challenge too often. Looks thinner, fitter and faster than he did when he came in, so fingers crossed he finds the sharpness and match fitness we need. If not, get Barton out the way and put Archie in!

Cheers for the summary

A nothing game but sounds like some lads did themselves no harm playing against a championship side

Fyvie and King returning strengthens is so that's a good thing

Looking forward to the Morton game

Winners of the Fizzy Cup get around £18,000 - hoping Arbroath win this.

I think United got around £5500 for yesterday's match .

Decent money for the part time teams such as Alloa.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Cheers for the summary

A nothing game but sounds like some lads did themselves no harm playing against a championship side

Fyvie and King returning strengthens is so that's a good thing

Looking forward to the Morton game
    To be fair to the lads yesterday and having seen highlights from last week, i thought the lads did really well and were certainly not under attack as much as i expected. Maybe this is down to the 2 lads in midfield, or the 2 lads in the dugout. Know where my opinion lies!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)