+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Burchball that much better than Ardley?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Funny how people see things, I have to say watching Burchnall’s efforts is the only time I’ve thought about not going to games (and I have a season ticket) , it’s depressing at best, and as I’ve said before it’s like watching pass the parcel with a hand grenade (pin pulled out) when played at the back.

I think people are very selective and unfair when commenting about NA (if they ever did see a game in person) there were a lot of good performances and I’m fairly confident if we hadn’t made the change when we did we would have finished better.
    We all see things differently.

I was very supportive of Ardley. But last season under his reign, good performances were very few and far between. As I suggested in a previous post, we had more points than our performances merited. More often than not we salvaged something due to a wonder strike. There were quite a few games where we just didn’t turn up.

The entertainment and style of play is light years ahead of that served up by Ardley.

People seem to forget that Ardley had over 100 games in charge of Notts and you can count on one hand the number of times we came up against a sides that had a higher wage budget (including some of the abysmal performances which sealed us losing out league status). That's certainly not true of this the division this year, it's way more competitive especially considering how many teams were playing for nothing at the back end of Ardley's reign. NA never got the best out of the players at his disposal and looked lost managing any form of natural flair or talent - something you cannot accuse IB of.

Under NA there was always an excuse offered as to why we underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    We all see things differently.

I was very supportive of Ardley. But last season under his reign, good performances were very few and far between. As I suggested in a previous post, we had more points than our performances merited. More often than not we salvaged something due to a wonder strike. There were quite a few games where we just didn’t turn up.
    To be honest I’m not bothered who is in charge the goal (hopefully) for the manager is to get us out of this league but I fear some have settled for us to be a National League team for a long time to come.

I’m yet to be even anywhere convinced that he’s the right man for the job. I just want us to play the football, have the right recruitment and tactics to do that, the next transfer window will tell us if the club has the same ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    To be honest I’m not bothered who is in charge the goal (hopefully) for the manager is to get us out of this league but I fear some have settled for us to be a National League team for a long time to come.

I’m yet to be even anywhere convinced that he’s the right man for the job. I just want us to play the football, have the right recruitment and tactics to do that, the next transfer window will tell us if the club has the same ambitions.
    Just? Lol. Right manager, right football and right recruitment!? Well that's the aim each and every season for every club last time I checked.

Can somebody click their fingers and make it happen. Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more won (or one less loss) to his credit.
    Comparing the fixture lists for the opening dozen games, the two clubs come out just about equal.
    I can't wait for the first clash between Notts and Moors. I bet Ardley can't either. Whereas Burchnall will in all likelihood be dreading it. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a Notts win and I hope that our manager switch looks to have been the right move by end of season, but right now Ardley and Moors have the distinct edge.
    I don't think he is, not that I'm pining for Ardley's return. Losing Dennis, Roberts and Wes Thomas at the beginning of last season took a lot of goals out the team, we set up defensively to grind out results from necessity and in the end it wasn't enough.
    We have a better team this season but we've dropped 12 pts from winning positions. We've played much better the last couple of games but have a weakness that a better manager would have addressed by now. Still time for Burch to sort it hopefully by beating Grimsby on Saturday to get that gap between us to a manageable size and get us right in the mix.

One of my lifes regrets is that during the covid season when there were streams a plenty and I could see the games...I had to watch the turgid crap churned out by Ardley teams. Lest we forget!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Just? Lol. Right manager, right football and right recruitment!? Well that's the aim each and every season for every club last time I checked.

Can somebody click their fingers and make it happen. Unbelievable
    I’m beginning to see why you have ‘issues’ with lots of other posters, we are all entitled to an opinion 🙂 respect them without trying to take the piss.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 27-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I can’t believe this is even a conversation. IB is miles ahead as a coach. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge can see that a number of players have improved beyond recognition since IB started. Rodders is the obvious example. We need to remember he has had 6 months or so with Notts. We are better to watch, that’s for sure.

Comparing IB with NA (I liked him) is like comparing an apple with a pear.
    Agreed
    Notts are so much more progressive and can only get better in my opinion, the style of football is much more creative and exciting.
    Sometimes playing the ball across the back numerous times is necessary to pull the opposition out of position
    I wouldn't call this boring pass the parcel, quite the opposite really. We don't always get it right but i'd rather Notts play this way than lumping it up front
    I get more enjoyment form Notts strategically working an opening rather than by luck
    I think Solihull will drop away once other teams work them out. Ardley wasn't the most imaginative with his tactical changes

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    One of my lifes regrets is that during the covid season when there were streams a plenty and I could see the games...I had to watch the turgid crap churned out by Ardley teams. Lest we forget!
    There was some dour stuff from Ardley but Altrincham away this and last season was terrible too. The collapse at Halifax was excruciating, it's not all been exciting flowing football under Burch nor was it all turgid under Ardley. 2018/19 season we played some good stuff especially right before the season got stopped.
    As I say I'm not wanting him back but we should have more points on the board than we have and I think the likes of Andy Woodman and Pete Wild are better managers on far tighter budgets and no set piece coaches and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    There was some dour stuff from Ardley but Altrincham away this and last season was terrible too. The collapse at Halifax was excruciating, it's not all been exciting flowing football under Burch nor was it all turgid under Ardley. 2018/19 season we played some good stuff especially right before the season got stopped.
    As I say I'm not wanting him back but we should have more points on the board than we have and I think the likes of Andy Woodman and Pete Wild are better managers on far tighter budgets and no set piece coaches and the like.
    Good post, and you’ve put it across a million times better than I tried! Ultimately I want the right resources in place to get us out of this league within the budget we have, points on the board ultimately is all that matters.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast