+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📝 Brad Young Signs

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Tonight's games:

Chessie 3-1 Barnet.

Oldham 2-1 Aldershot.

Chessie top, 5pts clear of Notts in 11th.

Early days...anyone would think there are only a couple of games left.

Give Brookes a run in the 1st team and get his experience. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Early days...anyone would think there are only a couple of games left.
    Tis early, very early AIH, but in the last few seasons we've failed to make up ground when we have gone ''points behind'' the leaders, so worth keeping an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Quite. All this ‘pushing Slocombe’ business is hopefully nonsense. I hope Brad Young has signed because the club thinks he’s a better keeper than Slocombe and we’re more likely to get promoted with him in the side. I certainly don’t think Slocombe is good enough. (Which is unfortunate because he seems like a top lad who gives his all for the cause).
    I agree. We can’t hope for someone as good as Patterson but can hope that he’s better than Jaros.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Tis early, very early AIH, but in the last few seasons we've failed to make up ground when we have gone ''points behind'' the leaders, so worth keeping an eye on.
    Yeah, I think you're both right.
    We've never really challenged for top spot in all 3 seasons, and have had pretty early 'out of contention for auto spot' dates (we were never catching Barrow), so keeping in striking distance is definitely something we should strive for. It won't be easy because of Wrexham, not Chesterfield. And then it's about being in touch for Top 3, something mentioned by LW recently and absolutely a target we can't lose touch with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123