+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it time for the England players to do the same as the Welsh national team?

My bad......just found this. Just assumed they didn't that's all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54016885

Have I heard the news right.

The Welsh men are giving up a part of their wages to equal things up with the women.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well you missed a great final for the England's women team. Felt mega proud for all of them when that full time whistle went.

gru, Just a thought, what will you think of them should they lift the World Cup?

Never watch women's football. No idea.

Well you missed a great final for the England's women team. Felt mega proud for all of them when that full time whistle went.

gru, Just a thought, what will you think of them should they lift the World Cup?
    He'll say they should have has Hull in central defence with McCart playing on the left

I paid to watch Womens Football at the NYS, never again. It was poor, to be polite. I don't ever watch it on TV. I've no problem with paying them owt. But think it's more of todays culture.
    What will the clubs do now, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, will they make their wages up for the Womens sides? Why not let the Womens game stand on its own and pay accordingly?

Not at all, what I am saying, is they can just as easily fill a stadium as much as the England mens team do, especially now they're the Euro Champions, something the men failed to achieve.
    And if they regularly fill out Wembley, over a longer period than one game or tournament, then they should be paid the same as men. But they haven't, yet.

Once they do, they will deserve every penny. IMO.

Two different products though, doesn't have to be like for like.

Let’s be honest it’s a poor product. The better the product the better the pay.
    I wouldn’t pay to watch it.

Rejoice we’re European champions, shame we can’t say it for both sides.

Champions of a very poor product though.
    When they start generating the same income then they should get the same wages. Until then nope.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123