+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sons v South

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Brownlie man of the match for us by a mile I thought. This was a big struggle. The slick passing movements of the start of season are missing at the moment but we are still unbeaten ☺PS didn't expect Lyle and Hilson to be out as well
    The positive is we would have lost that game last season.
    Still unbeaten but could the squad do with reinforcements?

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc57 View Post
    The positive is we would have lost that game last season.
    Still unbeaten but could the squad do with reinforcements?
    Don't think we can afford to bring in other players on a whim like bigger clubs. Having said that , two important wide players out today was a big problem and we missed Hilson and Lyle big time. Rigg went out to left midfield in the second half but he is not the paciest so I don't know what Skelton's thinking was. Rigg tried like hell but he missed our best chance with a header from a cross that was made for him.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-10-2016 at 05:07 PM.

The plus point is our defence and goalkeeper are continuing to do their job very well. This gives us the platform to nick a goal and the three points even if our front men off the boil.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-10-2016 at 05:14 PM.

We didn't lose. That is the kindest assessment I can make of today's performance. I could, of course, post that it was woeful, dire, dreadful or downright bloody awful but the truth might hurt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    We didn't lose. That is the kindest assessment I can make of today's performance. I could, of course, post that it was woeful, dire, dreadful or downright bloody awful but the truth might hurt too much.
    It wasn't pretty to watch today but the team worked their socks off 1-11 and this gives us the perfect stage for our form to return
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-10-2016 at 07:06 PM.

That certainly was a poor game today, we had a decent support but very quiet as there was just nothing to get excited about.
    A blow to lose Lyle in the warm up and he spent the afternoon sitting with the Queens fans (along with Jordan McMillan). For me we missed the running and energy of Dale Hilson today, not sure what his injury was.
    The defence was pretty solid and never under any real pressure and Brownlie again had a very good,solid match. We struggle to create much in midfield and Anderson had one of his poorest games in a Queens shirt today. Dobbie was quiet and although he had a couple of half chances they were miles off target. Rigg was out wide most of the time and may have been better in a more central role. Big Lyndon seemed to have plenty of running and energy but most of the team looked jaded and tired.
    On a positive note we kept a clean sheet and are still unbeaten.
    Our squad depth is starting to have an impact, we are 2 or 3 quality players away from being able to make a real challenge at the top but that's the way it is.
    Linfield next Sunday will be an interesting game and one where I would like to see us freshen things up and let a few of the younger lads start. They are bringing a decent sized support over so should be a good atmosphere but we should (will ) be just a bit too strong for them. Lets hope the weather is as good as today.

Having Lyle injured in the warm up pre-match didn't help today. Also Hilson, Marshall and Tapping also out injured is frustrating. However, other players were getting a chance to play instead like Rigg.

Queens had too many players having an off day, even Dobbie.

Always looked like one goal would win the game and neither team got that goal. Rigg had the most clear cut chance with a close range header in the 2nd half.

Would agree that Brownlie was Queens man of the match with fellow centre back Dowie a close second.

Docherty was Dumbarton's sponsors' man of the match but Stevenson was a stand out for them.

Skelton and Robinson podcasts from Dumbarton now online thru Soundcloud at Queens Official website.

Extremely dull match but at least we did not lose.

Queens & Celtic are now the only teams in Scotland yet to lose a league match after Forfar surprisingly lost 3-1 at home to Montrose.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Extremely dull match but at least we did not lose.

Queens & Celtic are now the only teams in Scotland yet to lose a league match after Forfar surprisingly lost 3-1 at home to Montrose.
    I hope that Queens go unbeaten longer than Celtic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)