+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrexham v Chesterfield postponed

The council give a stadium safety cert, fire exits, markings, signs etc not whether the paths outside are safe for the public in a bit of frost. Everything is down to the match official.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The council give a stadium safety cert, fire exits, markings, signs etc not whether the paths outside are safe for the public in a bit of frost. Everything is down to the match official.
    I’m not sure that is all correct. Ultimately the ref makes a final decision. However, he or she can surely be influenced by councils, police etc when it comes to safety outside the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    I think the council have a say in the game being on because of safety in the surrounding streets and roads.
    I know we're living in a nanny state but to suggest the council could call for a game to be called off because of frosty streets is like giving them a pass to stop people going shopping or nipping down the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m not sure that is all correct. Ultimately the ref makes a final decision. However, he or she can surely be influenced by councils, police etc when it comes to safety outside the ground?

As you say, it seems. An absolute nightmare to find out any info on the subject.

Normally it is under the advice of the police or weather authorities who fear for the safety of supporters outside the ground rather than the conditions inside. Sometimes it is the outside environment to the stadium that makes it unsafe due to road block or flood.

https://reflive.com/blog/abandoning-a-match/

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Doubt it. Do they close all roads shopping, Town centres if it's gonna be frosty

Looks to me like nobody on here actually knows the protocol for this sort of scenario. One nicely written email or letter sent to the club will give you the definitive answer you seem to be seeking.

If outside factors like roads and pavements are a big issue than why would anyone bother getting under soil heating? I think they only come into play when there’s snow and ice about which afaik isn’t the case in Notts at the moment.

Setting off soon and the car half an hour ago said -3 so I don’t know what happens if the pitch starts to freeze over. No wind though so hopefully won’t feel too Baltic for those mental enough to be watching.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123