+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ticket sales for monday are poor

6th in the league halfway through tells us we were ready for this league

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Well they obviously haven’t / don’t, They have underestimated this league, most apart from the rose tinted brigade on here could see last season defensively we weren’t ready for this league, with the players we have, recruitment poor ( and I’ll say it again whoever decided to sign Morias while he was injured wants sacking) the appointment of a part time manager who isn’t ready for this league with no one by the side of him with experience of this league to guide him. It’s ok taking the plaudits when things are going well but when things aren’t you need to hold your hands up, admit it and get people back onside …. But saying that really we have 5000 hardcore supporters who attend no matter what, then the rest are made up of the Munto success brigade who only attend when things are going good, I’ll be there tommorow
    Agree with much of that but would caveat it by adding those who don't live within ten miles of the ground and have families, who need to make a time based decision on whether to spend 7 hours on going to, watching the, returning from the match (not going to the pub) spending significantly more on fuel than on the ticket. I suspect I am like many who haven't shifted their sporting loyalties but have time and expenditure imperatives which interfere.

I think many were also excited by the 22/23 season style of play (and not just Munto - a factor) which we were always going to struggle to replicate. We failed to spend the close season moving the model forwards and future proofing it, and only really got away with it earlier in the season because a) other teams hadn't quite worked us out, and b) Luke being inspirational, both of which points combined to hide a multitude of basic issues.

I used to think our biggest problem was the lack of support. I don't think that now.

We were averaging 7,357 when we got relegated out of the league, which at the time was our 2nd highest average this century.
    This season we're averaging 10,974 and currently 16th on the joint worst run of home form of all time.
    The highest we've risen in the last 45 years were when we had a reputation for being a very poorly supported club.

It's very clear now that fans turning up in large numbers cannot counter balance terrible decisions made by owners. It just gives them a licence to carry on as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    6th in the league halfway through tells us we were ready for this league
    We obviously were not otherwise we would have had the strength in depth, technical nouse, experience to at least stop the freefall, other teams have sussed us and we don’t have the ability for a plan B to stop the rot within the setup .

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    We obviously were not otherwise we would have had the strength in depth, technical nouse, experience to at least stop the freefall, other teams have sussed us and we don’t have the ability for a plan B to stop the rot within the setup .
    I’d agree with this. You should be looking to improve during the season so you’re as hard to play against at the end of the season as the beginning. If teams suss you out - and it’s not like we were ever a hard code to crack - you just need to find solutions: be less predictable, develop new patterns, work harder. That often means bringing in better players, and it’s clear we haven’t done that.

From day one we underestimated the physicality and athleticism needed in L2, and the blame for that falls on the shoulders of the head of recruitment. We also made a bad error in going with such a small squad and flogging the same set of players, game in, game out. For the life of me, I will never understand why we didn’t bring someone in on loan when Cedwyn got injured in August, before the transfer window closed.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d agree with this. You should be looking to improve during the season so you’re as hard to play against at the end of the season as the beginning. If teams suss you out - and it’s not like we were ever a hard code to crack - you just need to find solutions: be less predictable, develop new patterns, work harder. That often means bringing in better players, and it’s clear we haven’t done that.

From day one we underestimated the physicality and athleticism needed in L2, and the blame for that falls on the shoulders of the head of recruitment. We also made a bad error in going with such a small squad and flogging the same set of players, game in, game out. For the life of me, I will never understand why we didn’t bring someone in on loan when Cedwyn got injured in August, before the transfer window closed.
    The reason being, we had signed McGoldrick...

Agree 100%.
    And compounded inexcusably in the January window by effectively doing nothing to meaningfully improve the defence. Williams had sounded the warning with those comments just before he left about the club bringing in new defenders if they were "ambitious enough".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67625496
    A gross failure on the recruitment front.

You stand still in sport you go backwards … there’s a few on this board who want to stare and admire what the brothers have done in the past without looking at what the faults are within the club setup to move us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Me too. The last thing I'd do is boycott Meadow Lane because results aren't all we'd hope for.
    I’ve been boycotting ML because I don’t agree that the current manager/coach should still be there.
    I mean why should I be bothered after 40 years to travel all that way to ML just to see he’s ****ed up another team selection and loss.
    Been a season ticket for nearly 20 year and given it up 3 games ago can’t be arsed the guys a clown only way he’s going to be removed is if attendance goes down.

Actually i have checked online ,and todays sales have been good,i think they will bring 1.5k so it will be a 10k plus crowd

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast