+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimism gone already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Terry you made a comment in the Stennie thread about what did happen and what might happen, well what might happen came home to roost last night. If that doesnt give you even a tinge of doubt, then i really want some of what you are on, or tips on how to have a brighter outlook!
    Of course I have doubt, who couldn't after last night? However, I firmly believe changing the manager every few months is utter madness and Robbie has shown enough (for me) over the time he's been here he has what it takes to get us up. Given time.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You said I hadn't been critical and always looked at the positive. We know for a fact that is utterly wrong (I'm sure you even admitted it at one point), have you read my posts about last night? ��
    I'm very confused by your last posts Terry.
    I've made it crystal clear my opinion is that (up till now) RN has shown no signs whatsoever of coaching skills that will make us into a good team. You either agree with that or not, it's really simple. You can blame Stanton if he plays , you blame Clark, being played out of position in a stinking formation. You blame McMullan, ditto, but the common denominator is the coach.

I'm optimistic that we're just about good enough to stay oot the bottom 2 by the end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm very confused by your last posts Terry.
    I've made it crystal clear my opinion is that (up till now) RN has shown no signs whatsoever of coaching skills that will make us into a good team. You either agree with that or not, it's really simple. You can blame Stanton if he plays , you blame Clark, being played out of position in a stinking formation. You blame McMullan, ditto, but the common denominator is the coach.
    Obviously the manager is ultimately responsible, no one can deny that. You (and I to be fair) are critical of some of Robbie's decisions. So we are aligned on much. 🙂

I'm not entirely sure of your position on this but I definitely still think Robbie is the manager to get us up. Do you?

Of course I have doubt, who couldn't after last night? However, I firmly believe changing the manager every few months is utter madness and Robbie has shown enough (for me) over the time he's been here he has what it takes to get us up. Given time.
    I too agree that changing the manager every season is not acceptable, but there has to be a point where enough is enough. For me, i believe Nielsen is an integral part of Ashgars vision that he sold to the Ogrens, and despite my initial concerns, i think RN might still find the form from before St Mirren. I do really hope that Ashgar has a size 11 aimed for RN or that size 11 will be traveling a bit faster and towards a door!

Obviously the manager is ultimately responsible, no one can deny that. You (and I to be fair) are critical of some of Robbie's decisions. So we are aligned on much. ��

I'm not entirely sure of your position on this but I definitely still think Robbie is the manager to get us up. Do you?
    Straight answer. Yes. Or make that probably yes. But, on the evidence seen so far we'll make hard work of it and continue to play football that is eye bleeding. With the squads other teams have so far we should dominate the league but we won't. The club has bought a top notch striker but the coach doesn't know how to play creatively around him. Just one example.
    Getting us up should be the easier bit, as mentioned before, but building a TEAM that can survive a season in the League above is a completely different thing.

Both very difficult tasks I think.

Has it escaped anyones attention that this forum only comes to life after a defeat? Just saying like.

I think, comes to life when folk have something to moan about, is probably more accurate. When we beat the Muir there was loads of activity with folk saying how ****e we were. 🙂

I think, comes to life when folk have something to moan about, is probably more accurate. When we beat the Muir there was loads of activity with folk saying how ****e we were. 🙂
    I think we all have a right to moan after watching the absolute Schite that has been served up for the last 4 years.
    Come to think of it noy got my season ticket/card yet . Maybe the club is too embarrassed to send them oot.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)